3DCoat Forums

Steampunk NEMO’S CAR Inspired

DigiSchem

Inspired From the movie: ‘LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN’, I decided to go with the stretch look for vehicles, like NEMO’S CAR! so I did a sketch and started blocking out, shaping and sculpting my own ideas. I just learnt the 3d coat software 2 weeks ago. 4 days in and this is what I have so far. Got a ways to go so much to add! This software is amazing artists can make their ideas come to life! This is so much fun!

00Sketch.jpg

0Blocking out.JPG

1Block.JPG

2Sculpt.JPG

3SculptBlockout.JPG

4Detail.JPG

5Now.JPG

• Like 4

• Advanced Member

Your off to a great start. I can hear it from here with those  pipes  or should I say see it being steam pipes. Door handles  no need for a convertible  you just jump in ... or have them hinged as to be ramps  heck you could make them slide into the frame like a pocket door. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Afyer using this software for about a month and a half, in my experiences, 3D Coat has took over the modeling industry by far. its very easy too learn. it also caters to professional artists to make their visions come true! I am so appreciative for this opportunity to leanr this software and engage in this excited challenge! Here's some smart materials I created for this Steam punk theme: 

concrete.JPG

CopperGrundge.JPG

dirty.JPG

dirtysteel.JPG

floor.JPG

GrungeTech.JPG

mesh tech close_COLOR_COLOR.jpg

pillars.JPG

rail and drum.JPG

smartmatPillar.JPG

stdrt.JPG

texture.JPG

scene: mostly created in 3d coat. Since the contest rules are, " should be created in 3d coat." only the steampunk headlights created in 3dsmax and the alphas or textures created in Photoshop, for the objects and textures I couldn't create do in 3D coat, the rest i mean the whole scene was created in 3D coat, I just couldn't see myself cheating, because I love a challenge:

steam.png

Edited by DigiSchem
forgot to add my scene was mostly created in 3d coat

So I was brainstorming of what can I add to spice of the steam punk theme, I searched on the internet and found an image of a steam punk gear thingy, than I set up to create it thanks to the amazing sketch tool!:

dirty.JPG

download (3).jpg

gaeeeg.JPG

GearThingy.JPG

GearThingyFace.JPG

meter.JPG

oh.png

psi.JPG

psialpha.JPG

ringpaint.JPG

stldrt2.JPG

Edited by DigiSchem
forgot to mention i used the sketch tool to create this object.
  • Like 1

After allot of hard work & dedication, the final render Image is done, I am absolutely blown away what I created with this software! I started learning 3D Coat 2 weeks before June 14th, and I started this project June 14th amazing! May the best 3d coat modeler win in great cheer! Wish you all luck!

SteamPunkTheme5.png

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Just stumbled upon this thread...Love what you did here with 3DC, very neat stuff!!!! Many thanks for sharing....