3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 4.7 (BETA testing thread)

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Javis said:

The 5.7.17X version should be on Drive as well. Do you not see it?

Thanks Javis. I do see it. I must have had unlucky timing and managed into it before the re-upload happened as my original one was X-less...

Anyway, all's good for me now.

9 minutes ago, BurrMan said:

Thanks Javis. I do see it. I must have had unlucky timing and managed into it before the re-upload happened as my original one was X-less...

Anyway, all's good for me now.

Cool, ok! Glad to hear. I must have been uploading right when you looked. :)

• Like 1

Andrew, is there any movement on a fix for SVG file import for the curve modes? It's still very, very broken (they don't import at all). In fact, none of the curve import supported files import. Which leads me to think that the whole importing process is broken and not just for one file type. Please can you take a look at this? It's been this way for many months.

- fixed several instabilities, including crash when switching from paint to render room that happens in 4.7.17

- Retopo primitives polished, new primitives included. UI in primitives polished.

- Free form primitives from RtpModels palette working correctly in Retopo room.

- Transform gizmo may be moved using not only arrows, but connector lines as well.

- Fixed smooth over seams problem in multi-UV scene.

• Like 5

- fixed problems related to "Lines/curve chunk" drawing mode in E panel (line was invisible).

- Critical fix. Correct curves correction in export dialog.

- Possibility to drag sphere primitive by connector line (like cube and transform gizmo).

I hope this build should be stable. My main goal now is next stability point, so updates are frequent and relatively small.

• Like 4

• Advanced Member

Did the "grow" tool in voxel sculpting room change its behavior? It seems to "fade away" now. So (with a mouse) a single click get just a short bit of "Grow" then must release and click again...

Different behavior from what little I know about it. As far as I know, I didn't change anything.

• Advanced Member

Hi Carlosan,

It seems that "Enable Tapering" was checked for my grow tool! (The default spline tapering shape was at default. didn't need default setting) Thanks, I didn't know where to look. (That setting must have come from the install. I didn't change that....)

I do have a pen Wacom, and like the pen pressure to work, but I use it rarely.

It was my understanding that using the mouse produced no pressure sensitive output, and just switching and using my pen "DID" give me the pressure sensitive results!

Please advise if that IS the case or if I need to set it up differently.

Thanks again, as always,

Burr

Edited by BurrMan

• Contributor

Request IF possible.

Can we have at least one level of subfolders in a main smart material folder.

Example :

Main folder  --> Project and in there i need 5 subfolders --> Rocks , pebbles , grass , walls , dust

Again IF possible.

• Like 1

• Contributor

Thanks for the Linux build. I feel for the mac users. Couldn't the process be a bit streamlined so all our versions (Win, Linux and Mac) be more on par? I know it's beta software we're talking about, but it would be nice to to test and try the betas as Win users do.

Great software anyway. The more I use it the more I like it.

Edited by Allabulle

The files was upgrading.

Please try again. Ty.

osxicon.pngmacOS [4.7.21]:

http://www.3d-coat.com/~sergyi/3D-CoatV4-7-21.dmg

Ensure to check "System Preferences > Security & Privacy > click the "lock" > select "App Store and identified developers" (when only "App Store" is selected error message is displayed "3D-Coat" can't be opened because it was not downloaded from the App Store)

linuxicon.pngLinux [4.7.21]:

http://www.3d-coat.com/~sergyi/3D-CoatV4-7-21.tar.gz

Downloading/uploading the mac/Linux builds of .21 to Drive right now. It will take a few hours, the download from Germany takes a long time, but once it's here for me, it won't take long to upload for folks.

• Reputable Contributor
20 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Reported, and this is the answer from dev team:

I disabled line drawing in this tool. It is better to use Spline Stroke.

Andrew

If that is the case, then he should just remove the line draw mode, altogether

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

From my "very" limited experience in 3D coat changing the alpha for some brushes (clay) does not seem to make a difference. If this is the case could this option be ghosted as well. If easily possible.

I would be also be happy if this was stated in the brush description.

Edited by 3DCNC
added details

• Daniel changed the title to 3DCoat 4.7 (BETA testing thread)
  • Carlosan unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan locked this topic