3DCoat Forums

Wireframe Overlay?

David Walters

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, stusutcliffe said:

Like this? Or have I misunderstood.

That's exactly what I want!   However it doesn't work like this when you import for vertex painting.

I think I've found a bug then - I dug a little deeper and it seems that this doesn't work if you import for Vertex Painting.

Unless .. is there a reason why?

• Advanced Member

You are right...I just imported an object and it just shows wire frame . But interestingly because the object was painted so was the wire frame.It was shaded like the paint job. So the info is obviously there I think.  But Im not a techie so I have no clue. I think it may be something to do with "paint objects"  the window was empty of paint objects in my case.

Gonna have to bow out of this one ,its gone beyond my abilities. Hopefully someone will chip in.

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member
On 29/06/2016 at 4:49 PM, Smolli said:

Same here , too btw. Also the same config as David has. 

I wonder - has this been fixed in the latest build? is it on the cards?  It would make low-poly vertex colour painting much easier.

Edited by David Walters

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
On 10/09/2016 at 2:22 AM, Carlosan said:

Hi !

Using 4.7.10 this is what i get using vertex paint option.

VP.jpg

I hope one day there will be an option to have, using your example, big blue lip polygons and red/green eye polygons all with a constant white (or whatever) wireframe drawn on top. I want it to look like something out of the early 90s like Virtua Fighter so I can work on retro assets in that style.