3DCoat Forums

Calculate Occlusion/Curvature Crashes Mac

agriffin

Hello,

I recently purchased 3D Coat for Windows and added OS X to the license.

I am experiencing crashes anytime I attempt to Calculate Occlusion or Curvature. Even clicking on a smart material will crash the program (which I assume calculates the curvature?)

Something I noticed while experimenting with the crashes: I can import an OBJ and it will not crash. So I exported the my topology as a OBJ and re-imported it for painting. I have not experienced any crashes since and I can calculate occlusion/curvature and use smart materials.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm still seeing the issue in 4.7.06.  Curvature works, selecting the materials works.  Occlusion sometimes work, but on some models it crashes (consistently).   I haven't been able to narrow it down to anything specific though.  (OSX 10.9.4) 

With one model, having a mix of surface and voxel models is an instant crash, changing everything to only voxels makes it sit calculating forever, no crash, but no results either.  

It may be related to overall complexity.  It seems to work fine up to around 10M tris.  

Edited by LucidMovement