3DCoat Forums

UI Inconsistencies

David O'Neil

Is there a place to bring up/view UI inconsistencies that need to be addressed in the program, so duplicates aren't reported?  For instance, some items you can create hotkeys for, but it doesn't appear that all of them can be, even though current hotkeys exist.  For instance, I was going to remap 'R' to 'Resample', but I found that that key is mapped to 'Glossiness.'  Tracking down glossiness, in the render tab, I find that the only seeming way to open the glossiness panel is via the button on top, but that doesn't accept the 'End' key to redefine it to anything else logical (like 'G').  So redefining R to Resample will kill the hotkey for Glossiness entirely (since I don't want to remember to toggle through hotkeys).

Or, is there a way to edit hotkeys via a text editor or something besides through the given UI?

Thanks,

David

It appears to be more than a post limit, unless I'm misunderstanding post limits.  It wouldn't let me post to it today, even without any other posts.  If you want the input of this newbie, feel free to copy it over there, or point this out to Andrew or whoever is most pertinent.

If I could post in that thread, I'd ask if there is a master document available with all the English text used in the UI.  If it was easy to proofread and suggest edits, I'd take some time and do so in that manner, but commenting on a messagebox by messagebox approach is a waste of time in my mind.  A Word document would be great, due to its markup features.  Even a copy of the string resource file would be better than tackling everything one at a time.

[Edit] Just found the English.xml file.  Will read through it. [/Edit]

Edited by David O'Neil