3DCoat Forums

3D Coat Crashing On Startup OS X 4.5 and 4.7

Hello!

I am having an issue with our floating licenses of 3D Coat. 4.5.40 and 4.7 are crashing on startup while 4.5.23 runs fine. On startup, the interface just quits BOOM. I get the load screen, then the interface window comes up briefly, then it shuts off.

Machine specs are:

iMacs Retina 5k 27 inch late 2015

3.2 Ghz Intel i5

16 GB Ram 1867 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M390 2048 MB

I have attached the crash report.

Excelsior!

Eric Kunzendorf

Jacksonville University

ekunzen@ju.edu

3DCoatCrashReport.txt

17 hours ago, ekunzendorf said:

I am having an issue with our floating licenses of 3D Coat. 4.5.40 and 4.7 are crashing on startup while 4.5.23 runs fine.

1. Make sure that under "System Preferences > Users & Groups > Current User" the account type is "Admin". If it is not try to run 3D-Coat as admin. Inside "Terminal" do:
$ sudo /Applications/3D-CoatV4-7/3D-Coat.app/Contents/MacOS/3D-Coat
2. Remove folder "/Applications/3D-CoatV4-7". Remove (or backup) folder "~/3D-CoatV47". Reinstall 3D-Coat from here:
http://www.3d-coat.com/~sergyi/3D-CoatV4-7-07.dmg
3. Regarding Mac issues please contact me directly "support DOT linux AT 3dcoat DOT com".
Please send me log file "~/3D-CoatV47/Log.txt".

Hi Sergyi and Carlosan,

Thank you SO much for your prompt responses!

Carlosan, I installed 4.7.7 and it worked. I did have to restart one of the machines and re-point the licenses to our license server, but everything worked like a charm.

Sergei, I did delete the previous 4.7.6 folder and reinstalled on three machines. Strangely, 2 of the machines worked perfectly from the install while the other machine did the same type of crash until I restarted it; then it worked fine!

BTW, you folks did a BRILLIANT job with the license server! It is the EASIEST license server arrangement I've ever worked with. 

Excelsior!

Eric Kunzendorf

Jacksonville University