3DCoat Forums

Megascans is out

Apologies if this has been posted already, but it seems that Megascans is finally out.

https://megascans.se/

It looks like the freelancer subscription is about 30 dollars a month for 50 points. Each asset has a points value, and I believe you can reload your points if you run out. I'm going to have to give it a go this month. 

On the other hand if you have a studio that brings in beyond $100k in revenue, you're looking at either $580 per month or you can get packs that start at about $2000. Looking at it from that perspective, things can get very expensive, very quickly.  

Edited by Rebelismo

Yeah I don't have any issues with the point system at all. I'll definitely subscribe for a while to see how it works with the Suite. The only thing that surprised me is that the $29 subscription for a freelancer becomes $6,960 up front for a studio. The same $79 4K freelancer pack becomes $2,099 for a studio. Their Indie subscription doesn't make sense to me as it's up to 10 artists but with less than $100,000 in revenue per year.

They seem to be quite open to feedback right now though so if you have any questions or concerns then definitely tell them.  

I believe the Hobby subscription also do not get certain bit level images for displacement etc.

https://megascans.se/faq#Freelance

Freelance

23rd August 2016 at 8:02am

What’s the Freelancer License?

If you are a single self-employed freelancer, not working at a company and looking to do contract work for a client, or if you simply want 4K resolution and 32 bit displacement access, this is the license for you.

As Megascans is a source material library, and you hold a personal license to said source materials and not necessarily your client(s), here are some things to keep in mind:

• You may use any assets acquired during your subscription as many times you like, on any number of projects, for all of time.
  • You may sell and distribute Megascans Studio preset files without restriction.
  • You may sell and distribute any work made with Megascans source materials or meshes, provided the source materials or meshes are significantly modified and not being resold or redistributed in their raw form.
  • You may deliver raw source materials as part of a project to a client if the client holds an active unlimited commercial subscription of Megascans.
  • You may share or sell textures made with the Megascans Studio provided you own all copyrights to any input data used to create said textures. You may however not share or sell textures made with the Megascans Studio if using source Megascans textures. For such cases, you may instead sell and distribute Megascans Studio preset files unrestrictedly as previously stated.
  • You may continue to use the Megascans Bridge desktop software for all of time to manage and export your downloaded assets.

Hobby

16th August 2016 at 5:25am

What’s the Hobby License?

If you are a single individual looking to do non-commercial work, this is the license for you. It’s perfect if you are simply looking to build your portfolio, work on personal projects, enter into competitions, contribute to game mods, work on your own free game, or any other similar non-commercial ventures. If you wish, you may still distribute and sell video learning material revolving around Megascans when using a Hobby license of the Megascans service.

As a Licensee of the Hobby License, here are a few key points to remember:

• You may use any assets acquired during your subscription non-commercially as many times you like, on any number of projects, for all of time.
  • You may continue to use the Megascans Bridge desktop software for all of time to manage and export your downloaded assets.