3DCoat Forums

Wojtek's Sketchbook

Wojtek Kapusta

• Advanced Member

It's some kind of Alien vs Predator tribute. The story of these pics has begun on Jama's 3D Concept Design course at learnsquared. Some time ago I made few Predator frames as a homework for one lesson. Accidentaly at the same time my friend Ernesto Martinez did his awesome Alien model for Jama's 3D Concept course too. We made a deal! We exchanged our models to prepare some Alien vs Predator themes! Recently I built some enviro and put characters into... all in 3d-coat. I had some fun with testing new marmoset toolbag 3 also. Plasma shot and little on-screen scratches done in Ps. At the end I combined all of the shots in one short frames sequence: 

AvP_sequence01.jpg

AvP_sequence02.jpg

AvP_sequence03.jpg

AvP_sequence04.jpg

AvP_sequence05.jpg

AvP_sequence06.jpg

AvP_sequence07.jpg

AvP_sequence08.jpg

AvP_sequence09.jpg

AvP_sequence10.jpg

AvP_sequence11.jpg

AvP_sequence12.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Reputable Contributor

Great Work!... 

A heads up. I noticed in the 3DC picture the red warning "Non Uniform"  You have stretched your voxels along one axis distorting them. Since voxels are closer to 2D pixels but they are 3D you can distort them just like a 2D image. This will cause sculpting problems as well as baking.

To fix the problem, right click on the layer or part of the model that has been distorted and choose "To Global Space"  You can transform along one axis, I do it while sculpting as well but you must remember to fix the distortion before continuing to sculpt... Again very good workmanship...

Edited by digman

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Thanks for posting these glimpses into your work flow... Enjoyed them muchly....

• Advanced Member
6 minutes ago, kenmo said:

Thanks for posting these glimpses into your work flow... Enjoyed them muchly....

No problem, I wanted to show a bit... I sculpted 1 column (some clones are just cut off), few blocks, used instancer with symmetry. Plants are done with 'toothpaste' (I love this tool) ;) 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...