3DCoat Forums

New Rachel

philnolan3d

• Contributor

Hi Phil.

the hair is excellent, the eyes, not so much. I see artifacts on he collar bone and I think it would benefit from less DOF. At least to bring the surface closest to her in partial focus. In the eyes, the materials are fine but the shape of her upper lid is not a graceful curve. Skin is a bitch (I'm struggling with the same issue)  but Octane forum has a good discussion based on a material in the LiveDB. I guess her hair looks much more saturated than her skin. It would help if the blouse had texture (how high a res would it take to get the fine weave of a tea-shirt to show?). Good luck and keep us posted.

Tony

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man, don't you see the model is so wrong and even creepy? I remember her from your previous thread and when I saw the name of the new one I was expecting to see a serious work on mistakes and not just re-rendering. Before doing stuff like hair, clothing and especially shaders you must concentrate on the actual geometry. Cause the anatomy is wrong and she looks lumpy and disproportional. Creating a smiling face is one of the trickiest task in portraiture and before jumping straight to it I seriously recommend learning stuff behind the skin (The Artist;s Complete Guide to Facial Expression by Gary Faigin is the best choice). The hair also looks odd as if her cranium was squarish and artificial. Add more stray hairs and comb them better way. As for the skin color - she receives most of the illumination from HDR image and in conjunction with quite grayish skin texture this makes her look almost dead or like a zombie. 

Sorry if my words sound rough but I say what I see. I cannot resist, especially when other people say it is fine when it is obviously not (i'm referring to your previous thread).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...