3DCoat Forums

Feature Request: Improved texture export workflow

thkn

- Menu entry for "Redo last texture export" for improved turnaround times when texturing. 3DC should simply use exactly the same settings like last manual export (filename etc.)

Additionally I would really like to setup my default texture file format; switching from tga to png on every export is annoying.

• Reputable Contributor
6 hours ago, thkn said:

- Menu entry for "Redo last texture export" for improved turnaround times when texturing. 3DC should simply use exactly the same settings like last manual export (filename etc.)

Additionally I would really like to setup my default texture file format; switching from tga to png on every export is annoying.

As Carlos said, you already have a ton of options for this. Just click the NEW PRESET button > Name it accordingly and re-use it each time you export.

thanks for your replies. Looks like I missed this options as I use 3DC solely for texturing purposes atm and therefor only using the Texture\export.

I had a look into it and unfortunately it looks like this does not fit to my current workflow :/

I need a fixed name/path for my texture. Additionally I do not want 3DC to export the mesh again as it destroys custom data in the .fbx.

I found this which kind of fits to my needs. Is this in development?