3DCoat Forums

Red screen of death?

Just got a new replacement MacBookPro 15" laptop, downloaded 3dcoat, and I get a red screen on opening. I have no doubt 3dcoat is under there somewhere, but needless to say I can't access it. The reason I mention the new laptop is that it's running the GM of MacOS Sierra, so I've never run 3dcoat on it with a previous OS version, though I have on the old laptop.

Hope this is a easily fixable problem, but please let me know in any case.

Image attached 3dcoat v 4.7.07

Thanks,

Jay

Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 11.11.52 AM.png

• 2 weeks later...

Nice that Windows Users have a Version 4.7.10 stable and now 4.7.11 beta and Mac Users still stay at 4.7.08 not working under Mac OS Sierra! But we all pay the same price for 3D Coat - that's not very fair!

Edited by bs_twinbits

• Reputable Contributor
28 minutes ago, bs_twinbits said:

Nice that Windows Users have a Version 4.7.10 stable and now 4.7.11 beta and Mac Users still stay at 4.7.08 not working under Mac OS Sierra! But we all pay the same price for 3D Coat - that's not very fair!

You can thank Apple for this...because they make their OS's hell for programmers. Andrew hates it, and that's why he develops on Windows and delegates a separate programmer to port to Mac and Linux. Plus, they are BETA builds. Mac users get Mac BETA builds as soon as Sergi can port/deliver them. His job is a lot tougher than you might realize, so keep that in mind.

• Reputable Contributor
1 hour ago, Anix said:

Yep AbnRanger, but that's not some trivial bug, or some bug, the application is not working at all. Apple seeded Sierra public and developers beta few months ago for testing and development.

Where did I say it was a trivial bug? Mac is simply harder to program for than Windows. Sergi is working on it and doing the best he can. It's as simple as that. 

Has anyone been able to download this (4.7.08) release? I've been trying for two days and it times out after 69 k. Every time. Tried the google drive link on the page but that links to an older version.

Would really like to see if this works in Sierra... help? Anybody?

Jay