3DCoat Forums

Smart Material Preview have another scaling as filled Material

urahziel

Hi Guys,

my Problem is, when i look at my "Smart Material Preview" with "Cube Mapping" everything is fine, but when i fill the layer, the material has another much bigger scaling. So I need to scale every material really small and try blindly. The strange is, this wasn't at the beginning. At first everything was fine, but after working some hours this behaviour occured. A restart didn't change anything, also the problem occur on new files. Is this a bug or an option which i accidently activate?

I'ts now the second time I have this problem. Last time I fixed this issue with reinstalling 3d Coat and deleting any associate file, but this is not really a nice solution.

Can anyone help me?

• Like 1

The Scene Scale changed the scaling, but it's not like the preview. I tested a little more and realized, there is even more broken. The Results after "Refill Material" are all identical by the following mapping settings: "From Camera", "Cube Mapping", "Cylindrical" and "Spherical". The only distinct mapping is "UV-Mapping". Also the "UV-Mapping" is the only one with the correct result in correspondence to the preview. And there is even more, you can see an offset by any UV-Border. I suppose there is something broken and 3d Coat is using "UV-Mapping" for every mapping settings...

The whole behaviour works fine, when I paint with the brush and don't use the "Refill Material" option.

But how can this happen after some hours of work? It worked correctly at the beginning.

• 3 weeks later...