3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 4.7.11 beta - High CPU usage

mkdm

Hi 3DCoat team,

I don't know if I'm maikng a mistake if I write here this the Topic, but i tried to reply a new post in the "New Releases and Betas" thread,
but I didn't see any "Write or Reply" button.

Anyway...I'm currently using the 4.7.06 (OpenGL 64bit) version without particular problems but I'd like to share with you a strange behavior that it's happening with the 4.7.11 beta version.

My config is : Windows 8.1 pro 64bit, Laptop Clevo P771ZM i7 4790K 4.4 Ghz, 32Gb Ram, Nvidia Quadro K3100M 4Gb Ram 768 cuda cores.

The bad behavior of version 4.7.11 consist in a very high and unjustified cpu usage with almost all sculpting tools.

For example I made a test with both OpenGL 64bit versions, 4.7.06 and 4.7.11, using the Extrude tool on a Voxel sphere of 1M triangles.

Well...during sculpting with 4.7.06 version the CPU usage was about  14-17%.
The same operations done with the 4.7.11 version has used about 36-42% !!!

Here's the Screen capture of both versions

What's going wrong with the 4.7.11 beta ?

P.S. I wanted to try also the latest stable beta 4.7.10 but I didn't find the download link. Where is it ?

Thanks for your support and have a nice day.

- Marco (mkdm)

Hi 3DCoat team,

Due to the high cpu usage that I get with beta 4.7.11, I would like to try the latest stable beta 4.7.10 but I didn't find the download link. Where is it ?

Thanks for your support and have a nice day.

- Marco (mkdm)

Hi ajz3d,

Thanks for your help, but unfortunately also with the version 4.7.10 I'm getting the same bad behavior, that is high cpu usage (40-45%).

With the 4.7.06 64Bit OpenGL all works fine.

Certainly the developer team knows more, and I hope that they will fix this issue for the new official version.

Nice day,

- Marco (mkdm)

Hi 3DCoat team,

Have you got some news regarding the high cpu usage issue with 4.7.10 and 4.7.11 beta version (OpenGL 64 bit) ?

Am I the only one with that issue ?

(My config is : Windows 8.1 pro 64bit, Laptop Clevo P771ZM i7 4790K 4.4 Ghz, 32Gb Ram, Nvidia Quadro K3100M 4Gb Ram 768 cuda cores.)

Best,

- Marco (mkdm)