Michaelgdrs

(InstantLight) real time pbr renderer WITH GLOBAL ILLUMINATION

191 posts in this topic

Hello to all 3D Coat Community

I am extremely proud to let you know about the official PREORDER of INSTANTLIGHT.

As part of the development and Art team i call you all to grab the PREORDER 50% DISCOUNT SUPPORT US and meet InstantLight , the first REALTIME PBR RENDERER WITH GLOBAL ILLUMINATION.

http://www.instantlightrt.com/

https://gumroad.com/products/TblE

More info about the product

Preorder ONLY

This is a preorder. You will not receive your download link and serial number until InstantLight is released.

InstantLight is currently under active closed Beta.

Estimated BETA reliase time is December 25 2016.

You can preorder InstantLight at 50% OFF right now.

Real Time PBR Renderer with Global Illumination

InstantLight™ is a next gen full-featured, real-time Global Illumination rendering and lookdev suite made from Artists to Artists.

InstantLight allows 3D artists to dive into a powerful and eazy workflow but on the same time delivering the best REALTIME rendering quality to every stage of each production pipeline.

Characters - Interiors - Exteriors - Props animated or not , you name it Instant Light REAL TIME G.I Renders it

Engine :

CPU and GPU - powered

Realtime Global Illumination

Clay Render

Materials - Shaders :

PBR shaders

Real SSS

Custom Shaders

Animated Snow , rain , etc etc

Water

Transparency

Materials Properties :

Dynamic Tessellation

Height & Vector Displacement modes

Detail Normal Maps

Parallax Occlusion Maps

"Metalness" Maps

GGX, Blinn-Phong, & Anisotropic Reflections

Secondary Reflections

Skin Diffusion

Occlusion and Cavity Maps

Emissive Maps

Lighting :

HDRI setup light

Image Based Lighting IBL

Earth Lighting

Flashlight

Realtime Lights

Spot lights , point lights , Emmisive lights for G.I

Local reflections (reflection probe)

Soft - Hard shadows

Fog

God rays

Realtime Animation :

FBX Animation Import

Realtime Hair

Realtime Water , dust , rain , particles etc etc

Video Player

Scene Helpers :

animated prefabs , grass etc etc

Pre made scenes (exterior , interior , studio setups)

Measure helpers

LODS

Camera Effects :

All Existing Screen Space Camera Effects

Post Effects :

All screen space effects (AO , bloom, reflections , antializing , Real Time Occlution etc etc)

Anything you want to ask feel free to ask.

I would really appreciate your support on this one as this is a HUGE step forward for me.

2 people like this

I would love to have some of your pieces rendered with InstantLight.

For this we will need

1) Send us your FBX (for animated)
2) Send us your obj (for static)
3) Your PBR textures up to 8k (you can select Unity Standard Metallic export from your paint software 
as this is currently the most compatible format for InstantLight)
4) A render with another renderer for us as reference.
5) A bried info about yourself and your work for showcasing on our site.

All send to support@instantlightrt.com or upload to dropbox for example and send us the link to 
support@instantlightrt.com

IT WORKS AMAZINGLY GOOD WITH 3D COAT!!!

Edited by Michaelgdrs

Hi Michaelis, congratulations. Can you break down a bit more how this is different to for instance Marmoset Toolbag 2, for those of us who are less knowledgeable? Be great to see a video of it in action.

2 people like this

Hi Michaelis, congratulations. Can you break down a bit more how this is different to for instance Marmoset Toolbag 2, for those of us who are less knowledgeable? Be great to see a video of it in action.

1 person likes this

Preparing a lot of videos from Alpha and Beta builds.

Dont want to compare them , will just point out a few features , on InstantLight HEAVY ARTILERY IS Global Illumination on realtime (light anything with out point lights and get realistic lighting on every possible scenario)  , Animations and Particle animations , REALTIME HAIR ENGINE is something UNIQUE as well.

So many features so many.

On TL3 Animations and Particle animations will be added at least this is what i understand from their reel.

Working on it the last 16 months , every single day , and i was using it everyday as after alpha for the instudio renders for clients , now i will start posting on Artstation as well.

2 people like this

Forgot to mention that there are other features that we haven't posted , like FULL VR SUPPORT , WEBGL EXPORT among others.

We need to get them out of ALPHA first in order to announce them.

Thank you all for the support!!!!!

Cant believe and honestly didn't expect from the very first day to get all those sales and support.

I am also very happy to announce our first featured artist on Instant Light.

Among other software he also used 3D Coat in the making.

Malte Resenberger

Thank you all one more time.

1 person likes this

Really amazing work Michael, congratulations on the release! I'm happy to see your new work. :) Is your plan to keep it as a viewer? Any plans to perchance bake textures, too? ;)

1 person likes this

Much appreciated for the kind words Javis.

It can bake already to be honest , but we have some issues with Global illumination , in HDRI IBL it bakes super nice.

There are many many features i haven't announced at all until they leave the alpha stage completely.

We are working on  2 separate builds , one alpha and one beta , what leaves alpha goes into beta gets announced  and will be released at Dec 25th.

1 person likes this

Right on! That is cool. Would love to test out some of those baking abilities if I get some free time. Any chance baking might be in the builds available when you release?

1 person likes this

I am pushing it to this direction but it gets very very complex with G.I.

Getting out only the HDRI IBL bakers , its nothing special , it bakes like Substance Painter more or less.

Magic comes with G.I but it gives issues.

1 person likes this

Totally understandable. :) And baking like SP sounds good to me, I like the maps it bakes most of the time from there, sounds like your tool will be a welcome addition to many artists.

1 person likes this

Lets hope so , working on it for a loooooooong time , every single day.

Started as a tool to help me with my renders (fast and quality renders) but some unexpected events with work

forced me to take radical decisions and since it has so many good things to give to the artists i ended up choosing its public release as a full software.

Core is based on a well know game engine   , and by core i mean the basic navigation UI and basic lighting (spots , omnis but i doubt if anyone is going to use those , i dont use them at all).

Everything else , materials , SSS , GI , particles m runtime import export , save rendering  etc etc  everything is custom made.

P.S

Took the render quality sooooooo far  (as this was my main concern back then) that  its impossible to believe that its core is  based on a game engine.

It renders more like a good offline renderer.

3 people like this

Excited to announce Alpha progress moving on to BETA with features available to the upcoming DEMO by the END of October.

Oct 11 - 12

Interactive particles out of Alpha will be included in DEMO

Particles out of Alpha will be included in DEMO

Particles animation control out of Alpha will be included in DEMO

Turntable animation with full settings out of Alpha will be included in DEMO

More Dev news at

http://www.instantlightrt.com/dev-news.html

Updates tonight with RENDERED IMAGES REALTIME straight from Instant Light.

1 person likes this

Michael, perhaps you could create an Introduction/Overview video, highlighting all the strong points about it? I think that will go a long way toward promoting it and giving interested viewers the ability to make a more informed purchasing decision.

1 person likes this

Working on it Don , working on it.

Focused too much on bringing out a fully working DEMO by the end of October.

So excited and tired at the same time.

Your having a Baby, Michaelgdrs... a Instant Light rendering baby... excitement and tireness so hand in hand here... :D

Edited by digman
1 person likes this

ha ha h ahhhahahahahaha Oh David , yes now i have 3 daughters ah a hah ahahahahhah.

Looks amazing Michael, congrats!

Would you compare it to the likes of let's say Keyshot? Either way, cant wait to try it out.

1 person likes this

Hmmmmmm , nice but rough question to answer.

On the build (purpose i originally made Instant Light), i  was trying to beat offline renderers on  their level of quality but having the speed of a realtime renderer or at least the fastest gpu renderer around.

Managed to get 0 render time with the best possible render quality.

Not running a pseudo voxel G.I or similar solutions but full G.I Voxelization of the scene real time coming from procedural techniques with HDRI , IBL and standard light solution all the the same time.

Anyway , i am posting a video tonight or tomorrow (was originally scheduled for yesterday but changed my  mind as i wanted to add more in it) that will show at least 1/2 of the features and what it can really do other than photo real quality render.

1 person likes this

Just picked up my pre-order today. I was waiting for the sale to end so you could get the full amount ( more money = motivation :) ). Looking forward to trying it out. Cheers.

1 person likes this

PS - If you need some more help testing the closed beta, I would be happy to try it out when I get some free time.

1 person likes this

You are nuts!!!!!! Left the discount to support / motivate me??? 

Oh man , much appreciated. 

Trying to get the DEMO / BETA out , in the best possible quality so it can make some noise to the people.

Tweaking core and each time it renders better and better , faster and faster.

Realtime recording and animation is flying , physx recording , so many things.

Will send you a build in November .

Much appreciated for the support.

2 people like this