Michaelgdrs

(InstantLight) real time pbr renderer WITH GLOBAL ILLUMINATION

242 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Thank you very much... I will remember to check that e-mail account after posting a bug report, it is one of my least used accounts. 

When I get some free time, I will make a video of the moving slider bars and send it to support. If I move the main panel that the sliders are located in, then they stop moving. 

By the way, I really like the lighting in Instant Light... I love lighting and color so a big thumbs up for your hard work here on the lighting routine... :good2:

Edited by digman
corrections
1 person likes this

IMPORTANT UPDATE UPLOADING

Instant Light OFFICIAL RELEASE Version 1.0.79
MAJOR UPDATE and FIRST OFFICIAL RELEASE

----Core optimisations----

ScSS CORE updated v1.0.79

CORE API UPDATED v1.0.79 
(MAC BETA TEST BUILD IS NEXT)

NEW app exit that clear the system RAM anf GPU RAM and exits properly. v1.0.79

Updated the fps counters , added extra accuracy v1.0.79

We believe we solved the RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR (NEEDS USERS TESTING TO VERIFY THAT) v1.0.79

RENDER ENGINE UPDATES  v1.0.71
Added tga and tiff back again import from the browser , inside core is disabled as it 
cause issues with the NEW MATERIAL CORE , kindly use PNG AND JPG as they give the maximum 
results. v1.0.71

----Render Engine Updates----

NOW (IMPORTANT) in EDITOR ROOM / SPLIT SCREEN render engine get auto DE ACITVATED 
this was done bacause some users where trying to render from those rooms and 
Instant Light was executing rendering routines. As a result , rooms got in debug mode
and only advance users where able to return to the standard modes.
Now , there is no chance of doing something wrong as Instant Light auto closes and opens
the render engines. v1.0.79

AO updated and added support for single pass stereo rendering in AO depth

NEW RENDER CORE  v1.0.71
NEW MATERIAL AUTO CONVERTER with AUTO TRANSLATION TO THE RENDER CORE  v1.0.71

----Additions----

REMOVED construction plane from the hierarchy v1.0.79
On cloth draw lines added a warning that advices user to switch to ISO from Persp in order 
to be able to draw the lines on the construction plane v1.0.79

More than 20 enchancements on the new 3d spline based animation system. v1.0.79

On new scene go to editor icons auto close now v1.0.79

SPEC / GLOSS ADVANCE CORE shader (last in the dropdown menus)  v1.0.71
SHADER DEFINITIONS (if shader is Metal / Rough or Spec / Gloss  v1.0.71

----Corrections----

On F9 now go to editor icons re enables itself v1.0.79

On camera floating menu now we can click on the color preview and it will close / open the color 
selector  v1.0.71

LOOK DEV button now opens when we go from REALTIME RENDER ROOM to EDITOR ROOM  v1.0.71

From split screen when we click on EDITOR BUTTON it goes straight to the editor now.  v1.0.71

Shadow catcher hierarchy stuck fixed  v1.0.71
Fixed camera losing DOF after pressing F11 to render with the latest RENDER ENGINE  v1.0.71
Shadow catcher load fixed  v1.0.71
FIXED go to editor from the double screen setup  v1.0.71

----Known Bugs-----

NONE

----Near feature Release will contain-----

Poly modelling cloth simulation (from external apps)
Cloth Pins
Decimator keep original mesh and revert to it
Asset Bundle for materials , models etc
User HDRI
WACOM FULL support

Instant Light V 1.1.20 Marked as stable BETA has been released. Users are advised to upgrade.

http://www.instantlightrt.com/beta.html

EXPERIMENTALLY MADE WITH THE UPCOMING TEXTURE CREATOR ADDON for Instant Light PBR Renderer. 
https://gumroad.com/products/UeWti

michael-bitsakis-rlwm-v1.jpg?1499838277

michael-bitsakis-tc-engine-beta.jpg?1499

1 person likes this

Did another cloth sim test using the new algorithm  for the procedural cloth creation of Instant Light https://www.artstation.com/p/rykke

michael-bitsakis-sim-comparison.jpg?1499

michael-bitsakis-cloth-2d-setup.jpg?1499

michael-bitsakis-sim-1-front.jpg?1499883

michael-bitsakis-sim-2-back.jpg?14998838

1 person likes this

UPLOADING Instant Light OFFICIAL RELEASE Version 1.1.26
CRUSIAL UPDATE ON OFFICIAL RELEASE
1 person likes this

UPLOADING Instant Light OFFICIAL RELEASE Version 1.1.29
CRUSIAL UPDATE ON OFFICIAL RELEASE (optimisation and procedural cloth enhancements )

UPLOADING Official Tutorial - 4 - Covering the Procedural Cloth Basic commands and functionality
1 person likes this

UPLOADING Instant Light OFFICIAL RELEASE Version 1.1.31
CRUCIAL UPDATE ON OFFICIAL RELEASE (optimisation and procedural cloth enhancements , serialisation additions )
1 person likes this

Instant Light OFFICIAL RELEASE Version 1.1.35
CRUSIAL UPDATE ON OFFICIAL RELEASE 

----Core optimisations----

Save / Load optimizations -- Faster save and load , (1.1.35)

Procedural cloth 2d patterns Less than 5 seconds to save / load (1.1.35)

Mesh alone ---> Less than 5 seconds to save / load (1.1.35)

Mesh with thextures 2k and less ---> estimate around 1 minute to save and load (1.1.35)
Mesh with thextures 4k and less ---> estimate around 1:30 to 2:00 minutes to save and load (1.1.35) 

Redused the Ram clean to get the perfect balance for systems with less than 65 G (1.1.35)
Procedural Core particle engine got updated (1.1.35)

Increased the clean ram time to avoid lags (1.1.31)
Procedural cloth 3 new flip commands can now be serialised save / load (1.1.31)

USERS REPORTED ISSUES AFTER THE LATEST WIN 10 UPDATE , we tracked the changes and FIXED the issues (1.1.29)
FURTHER OPTIMIZATION ON RAM CLEAR  (1.1.29)
ADDED AUTO RAM CLEAR based on each system RAM AMOUNT and current RAM LEFT ON IL usage (1.1.29)
Updated procedural cloth ENGINE (1.1.29)
Auto RAM Clear on Procedural cloth ---> stitches , stop sim , draw 2d pattern lines and close UI (1.1.29)

ALL CORE SYSTEMS HAVE BEEN UPDATED AND OPTIMIZED FOR SYSTEM WITH LESS THAN 64 G RAM (1.1.26)
FASTER TEXTURE LOADING (1.1.26)
AUTO RAM CLEAN ON SAVE AND LOAD (1.1.26)
NEW PROCEDURAL CLOTH SUB ENGINE to accept the POLY CLOTH in next releases (1.1.26)

CORE UPDATED NOW INSTANT LIGHT CAN ACCEPT ADDONS MADE FROM USERS OR OFFICIAL IL DEV TEAM (1.1.20)
CURRENTLY WORKING ON GPU SAVE / LOAD to keep SYSTEM RAM CLEAN 
ScSS CORE updated v1.0.79
CORE API UPDATED v1.0.79 
(MAC BETA TEST BUILD IS NEXT)
NEW app exit that clear the system RAM anf GPU RAM and exits properly. v1.0.79
Updated the fps counters , added extra accuracy v1.0.79
We believe we solved the RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR (NEEDS USERS TESTING TO VERIFY THAT) v1.0.79

RENDER ENGINE UPDATES  v1.0.71
Added tga and tiff back again import from the browser , inside core is disabled as it 
cause issues with the NEW MATERIAL CORE , kindly use PNG AND JPG as they give the maximum 
results. v1.0.71

----Render Engine Updates----

Render Engine Internal core got updated (1.1.35)

Render engine updated (1.1.26)
Reflection probes updated (1.1.26)
PROGRESS ON TEXTURE CREATION ADDON , ALMOST DONE (1.1.26)

NOW (IMPORTANT) in EDITOR ROOM / SPLIT SCREEN render engine get auto DE ACITVATED 
this was done bacause some users where trying to render from those rooms and 
Instant Light was executing rendering routines. As a result , rooms got in debug mode
and only advance users where able to return to the standard modes.
Now , there is no chance of doing something wrong as Instant Light auto closes and opens
the render engines. v1.0.79
AO updated and added support for single pass stereo rendering in AO depth
NEW RENDER CORE  v1.0.71
NEW MATERIAL AUTO CONVERTER with AUTO TRANSLATION TO THE RENDER CORE  v1.0.71

----Additions----

Flipped shapes can now be renamed and flips will follow and apply on them (1.1.31)
Icons on Procedural clothes got updated to show if actions require vertex selection (pink dot on icon)
or shape selection from hierarchy panel (cyan line on icon) (1.1.31)
On new scene now procedural cloth colliders go off to spare back any lost fps in the rooms (1.1.31)

Procedural cloth added 3 new commands (1.1.29)
Command 1 : NEW FLIP cloth interactive side (1.1.29)
Command 2: MIRROR 2d pattern with cloth interactive side flip
Command 3: MIRROR 2d pattern with OUT cloth interactive side flip
Change : Now on 2d pattern duplicate NEW 2d pattern stays at position and needs to be moved by user

AUTO RAM SYSTEM CLEANER on major ENGINES / and all subengines (1.1.26)

Procedural cloth AUTO LAYERS , just draw new cloth and press simulate , again and again
unlimited layers of cloth can be created and simulated , sim resets if user presses the stop sim (1.1.26)
Procedural Cloth option to let the 3d cloth frozed and continue build other layers on it (1.1.26)

REMOVED construction plane from the hierarchy v1.0.79
On cloth draw lines added a warning that advices user to switch to ISO from Persp in order 
to be able to draw the lines on the construction plane v1.0.79
More than 20 enchancements on the new 3d spline based animation system. v1.0.79
On new scene go to editor icons auto close now v1.0.79
SPEC / GLOSS ADVANCE CORE shader (last in the dropdown menus)  v1.0.71
SHADER DEFINITIONS (if shader is Metal / Rough or Spec / Gloss  v1.0.71

----Corrections----

Fixed a couple bugs on the 3 new commands for flipping in procedural clothes (1.1.31)

USERS REPORTED ISSUES AFTER THE LATEST WIN 10 UPDATE , we tracked the changes and FIXED the issues (1.1.29)

FIXED export tips on procedural cloth (1.1.26)
FIXED memory leak on procedural cloth (1.1.26)
When icons of move / scale / rotate where pressed on some systems the mouse cursor 
was flickering , PROPABLY FIXED (1.1.26)

CRITICAL FIXED FROM FEATURES THAT GOT RANDOMLY BROKEN IN v1.0.79
FIXED materials turning into CUTOUT MODE AFTER LOAD --RANDOMLY BROKEN-- (1.1.20)
FIXED MATERIALS THAT WHERE CLONED / DUPLICATED NOT IMPORTING MAPS AFTER LOAD --RANDOMLY BROKEN-- (1.1.20)
FIXED MATERIALS LOOSING PROPERTIES AFTER LOAD --RANDOMLY BROKEN-- (1.1.20)
On F9 now go to editor icons re enables itself v1.0.79
On camera floating menu now we can click on the color preview and it will close / open the color 
selector  v1.0.71
LOOK DEV button now opens when we go from REALTIME RENDER ROOM to EDITOR ROOM  v1.0.71
From split screen when we click on EDITOR BUTTON it goes straight to the editor now.  v1.0.71
Shadow catcher hierarchy stuck fixed  v1.0.71
Fixed camera losing DOF after pressing F11 to render with the latest RENDER ENGINE  v1.0.71
Shadow catcher load fixed  v1.0.71
FIXED go to editor from the double screen setup  v1.0.71

----Known Bugs-----

NONE

----Near feature Release will contain-----

SAVE LOAD TRANSFER TO GPU FOR EVEN FASTER SAVE LOAD (PRIORITY)
TEXTURE CREATION ADDON (PRIORITY)
Procedural cloth re add on sim
Poly modelling cloth simulation (from external apps)
Cloth Pins
Decimator keep original mesh and revert to it
Asset Bundle for materials , models etc
User HDRI
WACOM FULL support

1 person likes this

Another Instant Light procedural cloth creation test today to make sure it fits a
standard pipeline and make presets.

Simulation was ok , 1 click setup , 1 simple 2d pattern (duplicated for the back) and some fine tune adjustment realtime during the sim so we can track the settings and make presets for the users!!!!

Cloth Simulation : Instant Light
Bake / Retopo / Normal and PBR painting : 3D Coat

1 person likes this

Uploading . July - 18 - 2017 Instant Light OFFICIAL RELEASE Version 1.1.40 CRUSIAL UPDATE ON OFFICIAL RELEASE

1 person likes this

Hey I would like to give some feedback. After the release I decided to give it a go again. I can say so far the rendering and functions you have created here are very interesting. The performance, optimization is getting better after every update. One thing That stops me from digging deeper is the UX design. I just cant cope with it. The color is to aggressive and in my opinion the icons are to small. I know you are a hardcore coder and not a designer, but maybe invest in a designer that would design the hole user experience and User interface for you. There are plenty of websites that freelancers are willing to create some great designs for applications too and the prices are fair and you have full control. This is the same with 3DCoats app. the brick interface only shows that he focus was on the coding. Marketing is everything (I come from this area) and all i see here is that this is one major weak spot your application as well as 3DCoats. So my question to you is there any Chance the UI & UX will get a optimized 2017 Look? I know if Pilgway would optimize there Design too they would get a increase too (hint hint) but you guys are hopefully smart and know whats best.

Greetings Speike

Greetings Speike ,

thank you for the kind words and critique.

A UI designer made all the main panels and functionality , and i did the UI floating menus . 

BOTH are Unity 5.4 + , default UI with some design on my own (regarding floating UI).

A new UI system is under development , hopefully it will be released on 1.5 as i cant upgrade this step by step , it needs to be changed all together.

Edited by Michaelgdrs

On 7/20/2017 at 2:35 AM, Michaelgdrs said:

Greetings Speike ,

thank you for the kind words and critique.

A UI designer made all the main panels and functionality , and i did the UI floating menus . 

BOTH are Unity 5.4 + , default UI with some design on my own (regarding floating UI).

A new UI system is under development , hopefully it will be released on 1.5 as i cant upgrade this step by step , it needs to be changed all together.

I think the Floating Menus work just fine and all the hints help out a lot! ( a hover over I think is missing i think) Yet your Designer should try learning what is new and become more updated to 2017 Standards, but that's just a opinion. I was testing the other day KeyShot and it struck me how simple it is to do anything in that Program. ( I am talking about The style / look ) Note: I am not saying that Your Program looks bad, but the Icons seem very squished together and the Blue Color steal the show. Almost every Company that creates apps & its just the same for making a website they need to have a good Designer who understands  Color Theory & Psychology  on how the Human relates to observing  A relaxing UI / UX system. This is one of the biggest mistakes Developers forget to do while evolving. Is having a Professional Designer on the team. Having a Great Product is one thing if you are the first person to create it.Yet being a competitor to others and even if your Program is better  many people will pick the better looking one. This is kinda how our System works. So if you add both in the mix you will increase a better reputation and thus advance rapidly. I hope you understand that I am giving you the million dollar advice here. This a apart of a long learned Process so I understand when somethings take more time. It's up to you what you do with it :)

Edited by Speike-Styles