3DCoat Forums

First impression

Ryukishi

I just 3D coat for the first time and I was amazed. This software is awesome. I encountered few problems or lacks, some might already been solved and I might just not found the feature that solves it. Just notice me if the feature has been done. If I can help to make this software even better I would be so happy. Here is the things I needed:
-I had some difficulties with getting some straight carved lines in voxel sculpt. The more I put definition the harder it was to smooth out the wavy lines.001.png

-Secondly, sometime I wanted to move some vertex away from the original shape that the voxel sculpt gave me, didn't find out how to. I needed this especially for small retouch at the end to fit even closer the concept art I had.
-Lastly, I had to go in 3ds max for the uv. In order to have less blank space as possible I use the peel mode, I tried to find some tool to move the uv manually, some kind of peel mode would be the best.

Thanks for this awesomeness guys

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

You can use Curve Stroke to make regular smooth lines or use Lazy Mouse (Steady Stroke option).

To move voxels, you can use "Pose" tool in the "Adjust" let icons bar, you paint the voxels you want to move than you can move, rotate or scale it.

You can use "Pack UV" to get perhaps a better UV covering if you don' t want to tweak it manually.

Edited by Ratchet