3DCoat Forums

geo_n

• Advanced Member

Does 3dcoat support vrml, 3dm with vertex color embedded?
Vrml is standard colored printing format. The colors can be embedded.
3dm is new format for colored printing which is used also by win 10 3dbuilder. Probably will be supported by mspaint3d.

I tried importing vrml and 3dcoat just crashed.

• Advanced Member

VRLM is a bit of a minefield . 3DC exports VRLM perfectly, however when I try and import back the file there is no colour data. This also applies to other software like Modo. However I know the VRML export is good, because if I open the exported file in Meshlab or 3DBuilder all the colour data is good. I would highly recommend downloading Meshlab to test your files. 

I tried to test your file but I got the "out of memory" too which is weird as it is only 4mb. There must be another issue with your file, (maybe send it to support) as all my VRML files which are much larger  import perfectly, all be it without any colour data.

3DC also exports DAE which some printers except for colour printing...

Edited by sculptactive

• Advanced Member

I was able to import that sphere in both 3dbuilder and zprint 7.12 successfully with color.

I did get the same out of memory error you got in 3dc. So its a 3dc issue.

The file is from zbrushcore. It supports colored output by using vrml and embedded the polypaint into it.
i wanted to try to import to 3dc and continue painting it but couldn't import it successfully.