3DCoat Forums

Anchor point moved to 0,0,0 upon export

phloptik

Hey I have an object that I pixel painted where upon export the anchor point moves to 0,0,0. I've looked at all of the export settings and import settings and can't seem to fix this. I know when I import the object that the center point is fine, it looks like it's upon exporting the mesh from the "Export Objects and Textures" option. This is sort of an annoying problem because I have to go back to my 3d package and recenter the anchor and then re-export. Let me know if there's an easy fix - I'm exporting to FBX by the way, I wonder if it's an FBX issue?

I'm also using the Unity Standard preset - I've tried checking "use source position" as well - I just tried exporting using .obj and getting the same results. The anchor(not the object) is placed in world space 0,0,0, upon export - Let me know if there is an extra step I need to go through to retain the objects initial anchor point position

Alright - I downloaded version 4.11 and same result - I've tried obj instead of FBX - the centerpoint is always reset at 0,0,0 - Download the files, the first one is from Cinema4d, copyicontext, the centerpoint is in the middle, the second is output from 3dcoat, copyicontestOUT, the centerpoint is reset at 0,0,0 world - 

CopyIconTest.fbx

CopyIconTestOUT.fbx

1 hour ago, Javis said:

Before moving anything in 3DC, it is worth noting that if you transform it there, you'll need to re-transform your object in whatever DCC/game engine  you're using. Assuming you want to keep it at the same coordinates it's at upon import. That out of the way, you can move it in the Tweak room, using the Transform tool. The gizmo is similar to other applications.

EDIT: Just for clarification, edits made in the Tweak room are done upon "Paint Objects". Paint Objects are directly editable in the Paint, Tweak and UV rooms only.

Hope this help

This doesn't help me - Here are the steps I'm taking - Import model for pixel paining, tweak the UV, then start painting with smart materials, then export objects and textures - So I'm not transforming the object at all, and the centerpoint resets to worldspace 0,0,0 - I tried Maya and cinema 4d for exporting to fbx, and I get the same end result out of 3Dcoat - Let me know if there is a checkbox to retain the anchor point upon export out of 3Dcoat - 

I've attached the cube that was exported out of maya that I used to import into 3dcoat, and then the cube that was exported out of the paint room with the unity preset, the anchor point has been shifted to 0,0,0 . Bring both of these meshes your 3d package and you'll see what I'm talking about - thanks

cube.fbx

cube_out.fbx