3DCoat Forums

Transform/Copy Tool merged paste

Findus

• Advanced Member

Hello, 

According to the online documentation there should be a "merged" option in the Transform/Copy tool, that would merge all visible layers into the current one. (I activated Copy Visible Layers, which works as intended, copying all visible layers into the respective layers themselves.)

I wonder if this option has been replaced by something else? (Shortcut etc.)

A workaround I found is o send the object to Photoshop via edit, which will merge the layers. (But only if you haven't already applied the current pixels, then it will only send the upmost (or active?) Layer to Photoshop, which might be a bug. At least that was my conclusion, there might be some other reason.)

Also the preview of the copied content (not the actual applied pixels) gets lighter and darker when rotating around the scene, which might be intended to adjust for lighting, but this also happens with a neutral background and flat shading.

And lastly I wanted to know if there is an easy method to freely warp the texture/pixels that are to be applied. (Not just scale/distort - something like the warp grid in Photoshop)
(The Spline Image Tool and the possibility to send a Projection to Photoshop I know)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Any info about the missing "merge" option in  in the Transform/Copy tool? 

I'm not sure if I'm seeing consistent behavior with my Photoshop workaround and I had several cases where my document got messed up. (Layers pasted over their respective layers with a "photoshop"-merged copy and no undo-registration - earlier steps where undone, but the paste not.)

And of course it would be super-awesome if we could freely warp the copied elements directly in the Transform/Copy tool.
(Even better if we could store the camera positions of pastes and the warp-mesh, in order to be able to easily apply edits down the road.)

• Advanced Member

Two more potential problems:

Sometimes I lose the ability to rotate the Transform/Copy Tool gizmo.

And I also just encountered a situation where the projected colors did repetedly deviate quite a bit from the preview of the gizmo. Can't reproduce this, though.