3DCoat Forums

gbball

• Advanced Member

Hey everyone,

This is thread to follow the development of a project that I have been developing called Gladiotron.  It is an original project and hopefully the first of many.  My pipeline consists primarily of Blender and 3D Coat, with some other applications for authoring PBR textures and then ending up in Unity.  Our target platform is PC and Console initially, then possibly mobile afterwards.

I have a few goals with this project.

1. To engage the 3d Coat and Blender communites

2. To share development progress on the art assets and the game

3. To work with the 3D Coat team in a similar way to the way the Blender Foundation creates film projects to drive the development of the application

gavin-ball-shepherd-forweb.jpg?146488020

Edited by gbball
  • Like 8

• 1 year later...
  • Advanced Member

Hey everyone,

It's time to resurrect this thread from the dead.  I've begun doing weekly development session where I will work on an asset from the game.  Currently the project is being made in Unreal and somethings have changed and now I am wearing several hats including developer.  Which is cool, because I want to get better at coding and using Blueprints.

Anyways, for anyone interested you can follow some of the progress at least in terms of asset creation on our Facebook page here-->https://www.facebook.com/pg/fullcirclecs/videos and the first two videos below.  I might eventually switch to doing a twitch stream instead.

Software packages I will be using during these video sessions are 3D Coat, Blender and Photoshop.  I will possibly also be doing a little Substance Designer, Unreal and TVPaint.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

This past Thursday I made this creature for the game.

Sculpt, retopo and texture in 3D Coat.  Rig and animation done in Blender.

I recorded most of the process except for cleaning up the rig and animating.

Here is a link to the sketchfab scene - https://skfb.ly/6vBn8

Screengrab.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Advanced Member

It's been a while, but I'm still plugging away.  Been learning some C++ and Unreal when I have time.  I also set up a webpage for Gladiotron and a Youtube page.  Here is a process video of one of the main characters Sandra Sprout.  Just a first pass.  Still have a long way to go on her.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...