3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Seam that won't delete

Go to solution Solved by DustyShinigami,

Well I don't know WHY it was happening, but I have a solution. If you select all faces on that retopo mesh with the "select all faces of this layer" button within the retopo menu, clone it with the "clone" tool on the left panel, and hit enter, you will be given a copy that behaves just how it should. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Ok. So it's 2017 and I haven't seen an answer for this. I do have a sure fire work around but it can get tedious if the issue persists.

-Export messed up mesh portion from 3D Coat.

-Open .OBJ in preferred 3D program other than 3D Coat.

-Clear seams, edge smoothing and face smoothing.

-Export selected mesh without edge, normal or material information.

-Import back to 3D Coat.

The mesh should be one united piece again.

NOTE: it might be beneficial to just do all the modeling changes you want before starting with the initial export in the first step.

Save your UVing for last when you are happy with the mesh, as usual.

Hope this helps someone. If anyone figures out the actual problem, please post it.

-Pete

I just encountered this problem today, so I'll upload My problem file. How this problem started for me is when I used one of the RTPModles to speed up my manual ReTopo, also, the Split Tool in the ReTopo Room started crates undeletable seams after i imported the RTPModle.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/it8do693uctu4o4/Cleaver.7z?dl=0

• 4 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • Advanced Member
  • Solution
On 10/11/2017 at 5:30 PM, The Humm said:

I found a fix. Should anyone come across this problem, this how to fix it: select the Marks Seams, Hit Spacebar, and select Unify UV in the Spacebar menu. Hope this helps.

Thanks for this suggestion; that helped. :) Although for me, and for future reference and anyone else who has the same thing happen, I had to select Clear Seams afterwards. If the seams turn red for some reason, I believe you need to click on Clear Sharp...?