mkdm

[Solved] InstantLight Renderer

17 posts in this topic

Hi 3D-Coat team and good evening.

Some days ago I purchased the new InstantLight real time renderer, that should work very well with 3D-Coat,

and I installed the first public beta.

Watching one of their tutorials I have seen that from Paint Room in 3D-Coat they are exporting using a specific preset for InstantLight.

Well...I have latest 4.7.16 version of 3D-Coat and I cannot see any preset for InstantLight in the preset list.

Could you help me ?

Best,

- Marco (mkdm)

ScreenCap.jpg

1 person likes this

Problem solved , i send the preset to Marco my self , it was in .14 but in .16 does not exist.

I attach it here as well.

Instant Light.xml

2 hours ago, Michaelgdrs said:

Problem solved , i send the preset to Marco my self , it was in .14 but in .16 does not exist.

Instant Light.xml

Thank you very much!!

See you.

- Marco (mkdm)

We also took your feedback and making changes.

Much appreciated for all the testing.

I included the preset into 4.7.17. If you have any propose how to integrate it with 3DC better, please write me to support.

Thank you for the fast support Andrew , 

in around one hour i will have a new BETA DEMO version uploaded with numerous fixes , bug and additions from the BETA Testers.

One of the biggest additions is the REALTIME RENDER ROOM . work and render at the same time.

Even render animations in 0 time , 15 seconds animation? 15 seconds render time!!!.

Yes we need to talk of course. Thank you.

2 people like this

On 12/3/2016 at 5:45 AM, Michaelgdrs said:

Instant Light.xml

Subscription based? Really? Why everybody following Autodesk and Adobes footsteps? Lost me...

Greetings Vivi , 

i tried to cover every scenario.

Perpetual , subscription and student / UNEMPLOYED artists full pro for $9,99 , who gives an UNEMPLOYED FULL PRO version for $9,99 just to ONLY HELP people out???? .

And imagine , people still complaining about prices and option , i am sorry but i cant get them all pleased.

10 hours ago, Michaelgdrs said:

Greetings Vivi , 

i tried to cover every scenario.

Perpetual , subscription and student / UNEMPLOYED artists full pro for $9,99 , who gives an UNEMPLOYED FULL PRO version for $9,99 just to ONLY HELP people out???? .

And imagine , people still complaining about prices and option , i am sorry but i cant get them all pleased.

I agree on this pleasing everyone problem. The thing why I do not support subscription based is because at some point the user will be paying too much ( or why else did smart people come up with that model?). Of course with as low as 10 Dollars for students  this is not so bad. But imagine all software going subscription based?! I think substance designer is doing it right. There you pay a monthly maintainance fee . If you stop you stop receiving updates but you can still keep and use the version you paid for. For me this is the only acceptable subscription based model.

1 person likes this

I agree , i have this option as well , forgot to mention it  , sorry too many things on my head this period.

35 minutes ago, Michaelgdrs said:

I agree , i have this option as well , forgot to mention it  , sorry too many things on my head this period.

I am making tutorials, and i understand that if we dont have the resources and have to think about everything ourselves, especially the stuff besides the actual work, it is very hard.

just giving you my thoughts.

good luck! 

1 person likes this

Agree in this one as well  , working on it.

3D Coat Vertex Paint to Instant Light and Procedural Cables mini tutorial

Texture Creator Addon SPOILER INCLUDED.

NOTE that Instant Light reads ONLY THE LAST CUSTOM PAINT LAYER , so you need to merge ALL USER LAYERS together before exporting as ply.

Edited by Michaelgdrs
2 people like this

Thank you very much Michael for this very long awaited tutorial !!

Unfortunately I haven't had time to watch it but ASAP (I hope tomorrow) I'm going to repeat a simple test following your steps

with the latest 1.2.40 IL version and I will let you know.

Have a nice day.

Marco (mkdm)

1 person likes this

You are welcome Marco , as you can see its super easy to deal with.

Big update coming up soon.... Exposed particles parameters, custom USER HDRI , and many many NEW features coming up.
istantlightrt.com

PAW_WEAPON_IL_RENDER.png

1 person likes this

Unique FIRST STRT UNBIASED rendering solution in Instant Light RealTime PBR Renderer. 

NEW LOW PRICES as well.

Sneak peak / preview

2 people like this