3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Primitives location

micro26

• Reputable Contributor
On 12/4/2016 at 3:06 PM, micro26 said:

Thanks Carlosan youre right , one quick question when i import a model with the "on brush" option there is an offset(distance) as i hover the cursor do you know how to fix that?

When using the IMPORT tool > ON BRUSH, you can adjust the offset by RMB + Dragging your cursor to set it on the fly

• Like 1

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, AbnRanger said:

When using the IMPORT tool > ON BRUSH, you can adjust the offset by RMB + Dragging your cursor to set it on the fly

With RMB + drag you adjust  the depth of the imported mesh while hovering with your mouse  but the offset i m refering to not just the depth but also the other 2 axis. The objects that i made to be used as "brushes" were created with correct 0,0 pivot but the on brush option ignores it for some reason. 

I noticed that its not happening on all models(not brushes)  and also there is no offset when using custom meshes via the primitives tab. 

In the picture i attach a custom mesh that is not getting the brush scale and has offset on placementCapture.JPG

Hi !

I was testing your mesh on another project and cant replicate the error, sorry.

I found that the model scale is huge, but this should not interfere with importation.

What if you import the mesh as model using Primitives tool and Models window popup ?

PM.jpg

• Reputable Contributor
1 hour ago, micro26 said:

Like i said ,if i use the  Primitives tool it works fine ;) issue is only with import tool.

Like I said before, if the surface you are trying to place it on, has just a few polys, it probably won't behave like you expect. Increase the resolution on the object and just as it worked in the video above, it should work on your object.

• Reputable Contributor
23 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

i was testing import tool too and cant replicate this issue.

how many polys your base mesh have ?

I tested the ON BRUSH part of the IMPORT tool and on extremely low polygon surfaces (a lot of modelers leave large single polygons for large flat surfaces), it is indeed unpredictable, but that is likely because 3D Coat is looking for the nearest vertex to use it's normals. When there isn't one nearby, 3D Coat is like "hey man....what do you want from me? Give me a vertex so I know what you want me to do."  ;)

• Advanced Member
13 minutes ago, AbnRanger said:

Go to the GEOMETRY Menu > EDIT SCENE SCALE. Probably should be reset to x-0,y-0,z-0 and 1 unit scale

When was added ? :P 

Finally thx man thats it. Thanks for your time.

Edited by micro26
  • Like 1