3DCoat Forums

noob: Moving separate voxel objects in same layer?

jeric_synergy

I like to mark the positive Z axis w/some random geometry to help me align myself in 3d space, but I ran into a(n embarrassing) noobie prob:

So, I added a cube to my object, but I added it a little further down the Z axis than intended.  Now I simply want to move the entire cube closer to the main work, but am at a loss as to which tool is the best to use:  (voxel) Move always seems to leave some annoying bits behind, while Transform attempts to move the entire layer.

I'm used to working with a polygonal modeler, and this is entirely foreign to me, to not be able to simply lasso a part and move with impunity, ALTHOUGH FOR ALL I KNOW IT"S PERFECTLY DO-ABLE and I just don't know the proper tool yet.  Hence this post.

THANKS for any assistance.

• Advanced Member

I am not all knowing on this but if the two objects are not intersecting in voxel mode on that layer you can click on the V to change over to S     surface mode then right click on layer in that list above you should see OBJECT-IFY  (Separate)   then the next screen I know nothing about but I typed in a # 0f 1000 in the  Size of small pieces and that worked .  it will put it on its own layer then use Transform  to move .  I had a hard time also to put all objects on its own layer as you go in voxel mode.  I am sure someone knowing more on this will better advice.    you can then return to voxel mode if need be.

• Reputable Contributor

Another trick is to use the POSE tool (which is far more than just for posing....it's basically an advanced transform tool...3D Coat's Swiss Army Knife for modeling) > choose OBJECT selection mode in the Tool Options panel (it's a drop list at the very top) > click on the object you want to move. You should get a transform gizmo  so you can transform it separately