3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Retopo Quad tool - Move vertex instead of edge?

Beddall

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Reputable Contributor
4 hours ago, Findus said:

Doing retopo again and stumbling over this very problem once more. 

What"s the usual workflow, here? Moving edges doesn't seem to make any sense to me. I'm constantly switching tools for small corrections.

It would be a good idea to add a feature request for this, to Andrew. I have usually just worked around it (switching tools). In the meantime, the best way to handle it is to use the POINTS & FACES Tool, with has the ability to switch tools on the fly by holding down the CTRL or CTRL + SHIFT key combination. So, you could choose the QUADS tool with the CTRL key held down. Then when you need to move a vert, release the CTRL key then RMB drag the vert.

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor
5 hours ago, Findus said:

Thanks, AbnRanger!

Should I write an email to Andrew? (Can"t write in the feature request forum.)

Yes. Email support@3dcoat.com, to make the request and mention why it's important. I think the reason it moves edges is because that is essentially what the Quads tool is. It is an EDGE Extrusion tool, thus RMB dragging moves edges. Add/Split and Points/Faces work on the vertex level. That's the logic behind it, but I agree with your suggestion. Many times I've wanted to move a vertex in that tool and have to switch to something else to do that.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Retopo Quad tool - Move vertex instead of edge?