3DCoat Forums

Serious 3D Coat bugs

3DCoatRocks

Dear Developers,

This is my bug experience since 30th November on Steam Version. I do have the file I would like to give you in private:

- "Reset Hotkeys" Button in Preferences is actually Reset all settings to default
- When you press the "End" key, sometimes "The shortcut is already assigned.." dialogue box shows up. To resolve this, I need to restart 3D Coat and "Redefine" it again.
- Reassigning shortcuts breaks that function to which the custom key is assigned

--> Curves
- The "Apply" button does not work to "Curves" when you assign a shortcut. Sometimes you need to press "Reset Hotkeys" (aka Reset all settings to default) in order for it to work.
-  The Apply Button sometimes just doesn't work. I cannot "Apply" my curve no matter how much I restart, or Reset Everything. I even saved the Curve and it is not working.

Thanks,
3DCoatRocks

Why is my version 4.7.06 when everyone else is using  4.719? How do I access that through Steam or can I use the license as standalone for 3DCoat? I am sorry for so much rabbble here, but I really want them fixed.

EDIT: Downloading the BETA version.Got to understand how to apply Steam License, etc

Edited by 3DCoatRocks

But my DEEPEST RESPECT to DEVELOPERS for making this software. I feel the developers, we are getting way too much for our money considering the continuous updates we are getting. I would love to know the update price for Version 5, so I can reserve the money for it. I am a student. I saved a lot to buy the professional version. Amazing software still.

I would just like to say that when the program becomes unstable and gives you an instability warning, and even if you save to other file. Both fiiles are emptied. this was in v4.0.7 on Steam. I do not know if the issue still exists in latest version, but just letting you know.

Edited by 3DCoatRocks

• Reputable Contributor

You can install beta builds even with Steam. I find that sometimes, just restarting the app will correct issues I may be having. If that doesn't work, then closing the app > deleting the MyDocs/3D Coat 4.7/Options.xml file can help. Sometimes that file my get corrupted, and deleting it will have 3D Coat start with a new one.

If you still have issues, after trying these things, then it's best to send your bug report to support@3dcoat.com

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, 3DCoatRocks said:

I would just like to say that when the program becomes unstable and gives you an instability warning, and even if you save to other file. Both fiiles are emptied. this was in v4.0.7 on Steam. I do not know if the issue still exists in latest version, but just letting you know.

Any 3D software has bugs, crashes happen but not frequently, most of the time it's memory crash depending on what you are doing. You should save often and multiple versions, if one version is no more usable you'll be able to go back to a previous one. Also you can change Auto Save time in preferences if you need it.

Edited by Ratchet