3DCoat Forums

3DCoat content installation migration

• 1 month later...

On 4.7.19 and on the latest build 4.7.24, I'm not able to install the extensions properly from the community resources.  I see a tab in the paint room that shows e.g. "Bricks" under Smart Materials tab but there are no shaders in there after a restart.  Just X "close" and +"New".

This is the same for the shaders in the Voxel sculpt room.

Is there a way to manually install the 3dpack contents to the appropriate location?

Best Regards,

Jason

File>Browse>Smart Materials

Indicates 3D coat is looking in it's install folder here: C:\Program Files\3D-Coat-V4.7.19\patterns

However the installer places them in my docs folder (Hate my docs)  Not sure if I should leave this alone or try to get 3Dcoat to not look at install folder but repoint it to my docs..?

Look at first screen shot,  the "bricks" are in fact in the documents folder already.  So are some of the other resources, yet 3Dcoat doesn't see them.  I try to manually load them by going to the Smart Material>Bricks>tab and select add to existing but it's not reading the xml, instead it's just bringing in the associated bitmaps flat into that folder.  I can't pick the xml file either from that menu, only the bitmaps.

I presume a simple compatible with statement under the Resources page of 3Dcoat would be a huge time saver.  Or probably remove most of these as I'm guessing v3 was quite a while ago.  Thanks for your help!  I'll look at the forum page you've suggested.

Best,

Jason Brummett

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat content installation migration
  • Carlosan pinned this topic
  • Carlosan unpinned this topic