3DCoat Forums

[Bug] Previously baked objects have shrunk

• Advanced Member

I have a few clothing items that are already retopo'd and baked into the paint room. I did as I always do and went back back to the sculpt room to create a new piece, except this time when I went into the paint room again, all of my baked objects had shrunk. See image for example, what you're looking at is the retopo room with the trousers sculpt and retopo over it, and then the baked version underneath it.

TeenyTiny.jpg

This has put an immediate stop on what I was doing, as now any new pieces I bake into the paint room will not match the scale of the previous pieces. Does anyone know why this is happened?

As an side, I know the baked objects have gotten smaller, as opposed to the sculpts and retopo's getting larger, because my reference planes still match the sculpt/retopo scale.

• Advanced Member

Thanks very muchly, I must have hit the "Yes" instead of "No" when importing a piece of geometry and it asks something about scale, I normally hit no.

That's solved it, I set it all the units back to 0,0,0,1. But I did have to hide and un-hide my paint objects in order for it to update, bit weird. But oh well, all fixed, thanks again.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • Contributor

Hi Thanks for this thread. I was running into this very issue. It solved my issue when working on my linux machine, but when in Windows, the scene scale option did not work. I'm testing with the same exact geometry and doing the same exact steps. My colleague is also seeing this behavior, I was wondering if this was a potential bug. Is anyone else experiencing this as well?

I'm using v4.9.74

Thanks for any help with this,

-Alex

• Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] Previously baked objects have shrunk