3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Must have feature: Texture Scale

chippwalters

Dear 3D Coat,

AFAICT, there is no way to assign the same scale texture from one model to another. Please give us some sort of read-out or numeric field where I can easily assign the same scaled PBR to each and every model, independant of 3D Coat session. 

I am building industry-wide workflows for VR labs and I want to be able to include 3D Coat in the specifications. Unfortunately, not being able to have an accurately scaled fabric, woodgrain, or other PBR material is a probable deal killer. Please see my video playlists: 

• Like 1

Andrew set me straight on how to scale materials.

Frequently you need to be able to scale a 3D Coat Smart Material so that it ‘stays the same’ on all objects you paint with it.

It’s possible and here’s the trick:

1. Right-click on magnify glass to reset texture scale
  2. Open up Smart Materials Editor and Click the small triangle next to the editor 
  3. Edit the texture in the Texture Scale field

Now every time you use the texture, be sure and right-click the magnify glass to ‘reset it’ to the correct scale.

3dcoattexturesize.png

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Yeah, I'm trying to do this as well but right-clicking on the magnifying glass does nothing.  I have the latest drivers for my NVidia card (which seems to work well for everything else).

Any other ideas here?  All I want to do is to scale the textures (I don't even care if they stay that way, but I need SOME way of scaling them).

• Reputable Contributor

Thanks Chippwalters for answering and with a animated gif too... 

Scolling a direction horizontally either to enlarge the texture or decrease the texture pattern might be affected by the Navigation present chosen. I have not tested just adding here to be safe.

My setup

Scrolling left horizontally by left clicking and holding down the mouse / pen button enlarges the texture pattern.

Scrolling right horizontally by left clicking and holding down the mouse / pen button decreases the texture pattern.

Edited by digman