3DCoat Forums

Stretching and best workflow to fix it?

fretstain

Hi guys,

Is there an established "proper" workflow for fixing this kind of stretching when pulling geometry with the move tool or snake clay tool in surface mode? 

In the screenshot you can see the lefthand corner is using the move tool whereas the right side is the snake clay tool. I've tried resampling the object at a slightly higher resolution and it helps clean up the stretched area (albeit with a lot of noise that needs additional smoothing). Having used zbrush a bit in the past this is where I'd compare what I'm looking for to maybe using dynamesh? 

snakeclay_01.jpg

snakeclay_02_wireframe.jpg

Hi Carlosan, thanks for the response!

I'll play with the settings more. Any thoughts on what to do if that stretching happens regardless? I find I get a certain amount of stretching when I freeform model in surface mode.

I'm hoping there's a clean way to match the resolution of the stretched area to the rest of the object. Kind of like the "global space" tool in voxel mode?

• Reputable Contributor

You can also hit ENTER, and 3D Coat will voxelize it > convert it back to Surface mode on the fly. That will make it nice and uniform. Sometimes that may not be what you want, if you have already done a lot of work with LiveClay....but that technique is much like converting a model to Dynamesh in ZB and back

• Like 1