3DCoat Forums

Setting up Fserver with floating license

baertigerwolf

Hey 3D-coaters,

we purchased a floating license on Cyber Monday and haven't been able to get it to work since then,

so I'm asking for help in this forum now.

We installed 3D Coat on two Win10-machines and set up fserver on one.

It seems to run (please see the attached image) but the other workstation

can't connect to it.

On PC 2, according to the instructional PDF, we're supposed to enter the local IP-adress of the PC running fserver instead

of the license key. Which doesn't work.

Both PCs are within the same network and able to access files on one another.

We're running Kaspersky Internet Security on alle PC's but have disabled it for testing as well.

I'm out of ideas now and am sure that someone else here has had similar problems on the inital setup.

So all feedback and hints on how to proceed are welcome.

Cheers,

Olly

Server.JPG

According to the screenshot all possible combinations of IP:PORT for "3D-Coat" client which should be entered instead of serial number are:
192.168.100.1:8888
127.0.0.1:8888 (this is for local installation, that is "FServer" and "3D-Coat" are on the same machine)
192.168.70.1:8888
192.168.178.75:8888
To choose right IP:PORT combination try to enter them one-by-one in web-browser instead of "3D-Coat" client on your user machine.

Thanks for your heads up, @SERGYI

I tried out all combinations to no avail. No connections in web-browsers nor 3D Coat.

The Fserver works fine for launching 3D Coat on the same machine though.

But entering any of the IPs (except the local 127.0.0.1) results in error messages. 

Can I instead install FServer on all of our four machines with the same Floating license key,

each using the local 127.0.0.1:8888 IP ?

Or will this result you deactivating our license?

Thanks again,

Olly

• 2 weeks later...

Local license server "FServer" should be running only on one machine. There should be only one instance of "FServer" with the same serial number. The other instance will not acquire your license from our global license server 188.138.0.46 using port 80.
Looking at your IP addresses again I have noticed that they are all global. There is no local IP address like 10.0.1.7. Is there router which connects all machines in your office and assigns them local IP addresses? Because all listed IP addresses are external that means that one of the listed combinations (192.168.100.1:8888, 192.168.70.1:8888, 192.168.178.75:8888) will work only if Firewall (or antivirus software) on your server machine with local license server "FServer" doesn't block external requests through port 8888. Open port 8888 in your Firewall (or antivirus software). Try to change port between local license server "FServer" and "3D-Coat" clients (create plain text file "port.dat" with another port number, for example 9999, in the same folder as the file "license.dat" is located and re-run "FServer", after that use combinations 192.168.100.1:9999, 192.168.70.1:9999, 192.168.178.75:9999). If for some reason security settings or network structure will not allow you to connect locally to "FServer" then the best way is to exchange your floating serial number on standalone (which should be entered directly into "3D-Coat" client).
Please contact me directly "support DOT linux AT 3dcoat DOT com".