3DCoat Forums

Creating retopology from brick wall

Lauri_

19 minutes ago, Tony Nemo said:

It appears that you want to create a seamless material. I would just cover the face with polygons and bake that. You wouldn't export an object but only its materials.

No. I'm pretty sure you misunderstood me. I'm not talking about materials here. I just want to create retopologized mesh that has the outline shape of that brick wall piece. It currently has 3710 polygons (Because its built from brick pieces) which is a bit too much.

Here's another screenshot: http://imgur.com/a/CI0Go

Edited by Lauri_

It looks like a case where the algorithm is too "stupid" in a way to understand this particular situation. there's maybe a way, but you'll try to explain what to do to the algorithm for a long time ^^.  you could try with the lowest poly count possible with 0% CaptureDetails and all paint with density modulator on the side maybe, but I'm not sure what autopo will do.

Retopo by hand would be much faster for this type of stuff I'm afraid :/.

• Contributor
On 17.02.2017 at 5:13 PM, Lauri_ said:

So the autoretopology wont work in any way? I tried it quickly but it seemed to just recreate the individual bricks again.

Merge them into a single voxel volume first because right now it looks like the wall is made up of multiple intersecting geometry pieces.

No wonder why the algorithm attempts to retopologize every single brick, when it is told to do so. ;)

• Like 1