3DCoat Forums

Vox hide destroys model

Typhonart

Hello!

Basically I did some modeling, had some things on cerain layers, hide them to work on different part and to not be distracted with the rest of the model. Basically I believe after using VoxHide on the different part (splitted from the head), and modeling some more, I turned on the layers to see how they were looking and then a bummer. Basically the whole sharp edge geometry got messed up to the point ctrl+z was not helping. It basically took me back to the stages I were before VoxHiding, but it did not recover lost details.

It's some sort of a bug or am I special?:d Attach of a test render where you can see sharp geometry, and next the messed up geometry :D

Untitled-1.jpg

Hi, yes I have been having the same Problem with this as well. Until it gets fixed I'd advice to save before you loose more then wished. What also helps is to DEL the hidden part  once you have Objectified them. Seems like there is something unwanted going on.

On 19/02/2017 at 11:21 PM, Typhonart said:

Hello!

Basically I did some modeling, had some things on cerain layers, hide them to work on different part and to not be distracted with the rest of the model. Basically I believe after using VoxHide on the different part (splitted from the head), and modeling some more, I turned on the layers to see how they were looking and then a bummer. Basically the whole sharp edge geometry got messed up to the point ctrl+z was not helping. It basically took me back to the stages I were before VoxHiding, but it did not recover lost details.

It's some sort of a bug or am I special?:d Attach of a test render where you can see sharp geometry, and next the messed up geometry :D

Untitled-1.jpg