3DCoat Forums

What's a great pen/tablet for 3D Coat?

Nicholas

Is there anyone here who has gone through a few different pens/tablets with 3DC and gotten a finger tip feel for them? did any perform better, contain easy short cuts or react nicer than others? or is it fine to just buy any cheap pen from eBay?

I did search the forums but didnt see any threads particularly dedicated to good pen/tablets for 3DC.

So yeah, please let me know your thoughts.

If you want something around the size of a A4 Paper and you are just starting out I would try out a Huion Drawing Tablet. I am using my Product ( h610 Pro 50~70$ E-bay will Sell it cheaper this is just the site with all there Products.    I have it  for two Years now and this thing is a beast, but If you want a Radial menu or you like using a tilted style I would go with wacom ( I have one as well, but I think it is only good if you pay a bit more for the larger size / (300~400$). It feels fine, but just seems more Hype then anything else ) they cost more, but more functions. And you want a screen tablet a good intro would be Surface Pro 4 (1200$~). This is a Tablet Laptop, but it is perfect for on the go.

Hope this helps

Cheers!

18 hours ago, Nicholas said:

Is there anyone here who has gone through a few different pens/tablets with 3DC and gotten a finger tip feel for them? did any perform better, contain easy short cuts or react nicer than others? or is it fine to just buy any cheap pen from eBay?

I did search the forums but didnt see any threads particularly dedicated to good pen/tablets for 3DC.

So yeah, please let me know your thoughts.

Edited by Speike-Styles

@

Speike-Styles

On 2/26/2017 at 4:26 AM, Speike-Styles said:

If you want something around the size of a A4 Paper and you are just starting out I would try out a Huion Drawing Tablet. I am using my Product ( h610 Pro 50~70$ E-bay will Sell it cheaper this is just the site with all there Products.    I have it  for two Years now and this thing is a beast, but If you want a Radial menu or you like using a tilted style I would go with wacom ( I have one as well, but I think it is only good if you pay a bit more for the larger size / (300~400$). It feels fine, but just seems more Hype then anything else ) they cost more, but more functions. And you want a screen tablet a good intro would be Surface Pro 4 (1200$~). This is a Tablet Laptop, but it is perfect for on the go.

Hope this helps

Cheers!

Awesoome. I skimmed through this because it's very late (3AM) here but I'll go through and read this again tomorrow. Thank you for your thoughtful suggestion.

Mr Panka. Thanks. I'm glad to see I grabbed the right one and, I did get this cheaper than normal on auction so hopefully the wires not busted. Cheers.

On 2/26/2017 at 4:26 AM, Speike-Styles said:

Hope this helps

Cheers!

Thank you. I read through this today and its very much appreciated. I like the look of the HUION H610 pro so ill grab that next if things are uneasy.

Also this is a tip for drawing I learned while practicing from product prototyping. If you lock your wrist and only move your shoulder quickly, you can get some very nice smooth strokes. Thanks again.

I am Left

On 28/02/2017 at 0:37 AM, Nicholas said:

Thank you. I read through this today and its very much appreciated. I like the look of the HUION H610 pro so ill grab that next if things are uneasy.

Also this is a tip for drawing I learned while practicing from product prototyping. If you lock your wrist and only move your shoulder quickly, you can get some very nice smooth strokes. Thanks again.

Hey np glad I could help out!,

Hehe yeah I do get your point about the wrist part ^^ Yet I have a advantage I belong to the ~14 % of People that are Left Handed ^^ So I can draw with my left hand & have my M570 Mouse & 3DConnexion on the right " simple and easy" 

Greetings :)

• 1 year later...

https://www.xp-pen.com/goods/show/id/324.html

I bought a XP-Pen DECO 02 tablet a few months ago for less than $100.00 from their offical store.
I use it mainly for painting in Gimp but... I found a free program named Krita that seems like it was made specifically for painting. So I may start using Krita when I texture the model that I'm working on right now.

Anyway... I use my DECO 02 Graphic tablet for texturing 3D models, creating matte paintings and set extensions. I used my tablet a lot for rotoscoping masks back in the old Visionlab days, it's way faster than using a mouse, btw and it's definitely super fast in HF2U.

If I can figure out how to navigate in Blenders 3D space with my tablet, "never tried before" I know for sure that it'll speed up modelling and everything else too. Just need to figure out how to zoom with the pen, you zoom in and out with the middle mouse button.