3DCoat Forums

Measure tool accuracy

philnolan3d

So I have this model that I'm working on for a client that will be 3D printed.  Unfortunately I can't show it due to NDA, but since it's for 3D printing I need to measure many parts of it to be sure they will print correctly. The problem is the measurements don't seem accurate.  For example one area I measure is 0.12mm  but if I export the model and bring it into LightWave that same spot is 117mm. Another weird thing is that if you change the units of measurement the number doesn't change. Like that 0.12mm spot. If I change the units to meters it changes to 0.12m  Which makes no sense. This makes measuring for printing very difficult since I will have to export to LightWave every time I want to check something.

Well after going out to LightWave and correcting the scale there. Then go of back and forth between the two it seems to be correct now. Maybe something weird happened. Still doesn't changes the units of measurement thing though. That's like that in every project.