3D Coat Forums

Here's a starship model I created. The base mesh was created in Groboto3D. Additional parts I modeled in Wings3D and Hexagon. All the pieces were assembled using Hexagon3D. I tried using 3DCoat and later Silo3D. But I find Hexagon3D is so much more precise for assembling parts on a model due to the fact I can manual enter in the x,y, z positions and rotation with numerical values via the keyboard. I think the same thing can be done in Silo3D.

I initially created this model a couple of years ago. But the base mesh close to 800,000 polys. I tried to retopo but gave up (too much work and not a very frustrating experience). I then tried decimating the model in 3DC's sculpt room. But it messed up the topology and the edge flow. So I then brought into Hexagon and manually reduced the polygons. For me, it seemed to work better and was so much more faster then retoping... It's now about 360,000 polys.

I now need to uv map and texture.

gunship01.jpg

gunship02.jpg

gunship03.jpg

gunship04.jpg

gunship05.jpg

Edited by kenmo
spelling
  • Like 2

I got a little bored of 3D work and decided to take the 3DC base render into Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 and Corel Painter 2017 with the intent of creating a comic book illustrative look.

FW76=Gunship 2017=KRM02.jpg

• Like 4

Ha ha! Same here (I mean, I lack energy to push my mecha further).
You spaceship is cool. I would like to have last picture printed on my jeans :)
Keep on the good work!

A base render from 3DC with some minor color correction via Photoshop CC 2017 and Topaz Adjust 5 plugin for PS... I raised the front wing as I thought the prior version looked like the ship had a boomerang or fat tongue in it's mouth...

p2262510242-5[1].jpg

Edited by kenmo

Some playtime in Photoshop CC 2017 and plugin FilterForge ver 6 "blueprint" preset....DAMN... typo should read PAIN MERCHANT and not PAINT MERCHANT... It's what I get for doing something after midnight while watching a hockey game on the TV...

Pain Merchant-Blue Print=KRM02.jpg

Edited by kenmo
Correction...
  • Like 3

A steam locomotive created from a blueprint in my mind using Groboto3D. Further details will be added using a 30 day trial of MOI3D and perhaps Silo3D... UV mapping and texturing will be done in 3DC...

Loc-in-Hexagon3D=KRM02.jpg

Loc-in-Rocket3F=KRM02.jpg

Locomotive01=KRM02.jpg

Locomotive02=KRM02.jpg

Locomotive03=KRM02.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for the comment...

I'm not very well versed in retoping. I find it the most difficult thing to do in 3DC... :-(

Still busy in Lightroom CC 2018 & Photoshop CC 2018 processing my RAW photos I took over the summer...

But here is a another Photoshop CC 2018 & Topaz Studio Impression of one of my 3D renders of this flying car...

p2563418525-4[1].jpg

• Like 1

Comic Book version of Space Rod 77 Comic Book version of my future flying hot rod racer vehicle. Modeled in Groboto3D & 3DCoat. Compositing done in Photoshop CC 2017 & Topaz Impression 2.0. Rendered in Poser Pro 11.1 with post work in Photosop CC 2018, Filter Forge 7 & Topaz Studio Impression 2.0.

p2695248050-5.jpg

• Like 1