3DCoat Forums

How to disable Multi Touch Navigation

Hi, I have a large touch screen for my PC, I use my fingers not mouse or pen, I cannot interact with the model to draw a stroke because instead the multi touch navigation kicks in and turns and maneuvers the model. I cant use the program with this problem, I don't really understand why the drawing interface has been co-opted by the navigation ONLY.

I cannot interact with the interface either....it just turns the model instead of pressing a button, I have bad rsi and cant use a mouse or afford a £4000 wacom pen display.

I deleted all the navigation presets with no luck, there is no option to turn off this navigation, I do not have this problem in any other program including Photoshop, Zbrush, Modo, Maya, Cinema4D, 3DSMax and many others. To not be able to use such a basic function of a program is absurd, is there any way to force Multi touch to mouse input ? please help, I cant get around this and I've  tried everything I can do.

I figured It out, after a lot of digging i found that there are a number of windows touch related registry settings at USERS/S 1 5 21/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WISP/TOUCH

regKey PanningDisabled set to 1 and reboot resulted in being able to touch the model and draw strokes, incidentally, if you click off the model at the background it will rotate again but if you click on the model or the UI it will resume drawing, which is a nice and useful side effect.

• Like 1