3DCoat Forums

z1rome's Sketchbook

z1rome

Hi all, my name is Brian.  I've dabbled in 3d for years, but never had the time to get completely serious about it.  Still don't honestly, but I fit it in when I can.  I consider myself a novice still, but I have a good foundation to work with.  My sketchbook won't compare to most of the ones on here, as there are some great artists in this community and I'm a noob to 3DCoat.  But here goes!

Here's my first real sculpt after messing around with all the tools for a day.  Didn't get too crazy as this is more about practicing on retopo, detailing, baking, texturing.  Not for anything particular just trying to figure out a good workflow for myself.  Hopefully I'll have a cooler looking finished render for you guys to check out soon.  Anyways, any critique is welcomed and I'll see you soon!

RobotWIP01.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you :-)   I'm having a tremendously hard time with inspiration these days.  Think I'm might have to reacquaint myself with drawing to exercise that side of my brain for a few months then return to sculpting.   

How do you guys stay inspired?

• 2 weeks later...

Some sort of air/space craft I'm working on.  Few different software for this one but 3d-Coat is involved.  Still working on my textures/materials, and the final image will be in space most likely.

AircraftWIP2.jpg

• Like 2