3DCoat Forums

Drawing on an object, similar to vectors

MechChicken

My freehand skills aren't quite on level yet ;)

Suppose I have a cube. Instead of drawing on a face, is it possible to place points on it and it will create a line for me, change the width of the line, maybe even make a rounded corner, and then choose a boolean op such as substract?

What I basically like, is to have a clean, straight trench. And because I'm a vector graphic designer, this would come natural to me.

• Reputable Contributor
1 hour ago, MechChicken said:

Thanks, this helps a lot. I wonder though, why is it based in the paint room? Aside from painting with color, the options related to depth/extrude, wouldn't those be logical to have available in the sculpt room?

Check out the spline tools available in the E-panel.  Check out each one and you will see which one will work for your intended purposes. 

I highlighted border, that has some effect on some tools. Depth limit is pretty well says what it means. Use with some tools.

Just test out the tool set, it will not take you long to figure how they work. Also you can load eps and other file formats from the load shape tab in the E-panel

Depth limit works good with say the cut off tool to limit the depth cut.

epanel.jpg

Edited by digman