3DCoat Forums

Default Shader

EvilMP

I have added some of the addons and brushes 3D coat has in there downloads section. However, I am not sure if this was a revision decision or I am missing something. When I sculpt I am not getting that gray looking model like you see in most 3D coat tutorials. I am getting the clay colored model to start with. Is this a setting or am I crazy! lol - I am running the Pro version of 3D coat. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I forgot to mention I am running it in the GL64 mode. 

default 3d coat screen.JPG

• Reputable Contributor

First, you should have a graphic representation of the of your alpha brushes but yours are in text form. Check my pic, the small section of alphas I am showing are presented in a graphical form not words as yours.

Since you did not show the shaders, I do not know if they are presented in text form also...

This bug I send a few times, Once happen to me... I un-installed 3DC, also removing the 3DC folder under Users.  Yes you will have re-register 3DC when installing again but should solve the problem.

I am not telling you do the above but it is a suggestion... 

I use my own shader created off a default shader. The shader revels form better plus when using the freeze command in surface mode, I can see the mesh underneath.

If you choose the above, report back here on the outcome. Also depending upon the video watched, pre _PBR or PBR the shaders have changed....

look.JPG

Edited by digman

So that means I would have to install all the addons for the shaders I have purchased and any custom pen packs etc. After the re-install. Does this every happen again after the re-install. I would hate to do this every time 3D coat gets messed up. 

@digman: I've seen in older videos that the frozen regions were softer and grayish, much like ZBrush. Now I get a horrible black mask. I'm using the standard clay shader. Do you care to share your shader settings? Thanks.

Edited by Sebastián Benítez

• Reputable Contributor
4 hours ago, Sebastián Benítez said:

@digman: I've seen in older videos that the frozen regions were softer and grayish, much like ZBrush. Now I get a horrible black mask. I'm using the standard clay shader. Do you care to share your shader settings? Thanks.

Here you go... It is in the 3DC extension format. Under the File menu select Install Extension... The shader will be extracted to the 3DC shaders. 

I tend to like the terracotta color for sculpting but you may make it the color of your choice. If you do change the shader, right click on the shader if needed to refresh the preview.

Beta version 4.7.26

Freeze.3dcpack

Edited by digman