3DCoat Forums

How to copy all layers painted in one object to another?

Marcelo Teixeira

• Contributor

Your new model should have similar UV coordinates to the original one. Perhaps in your new model UV island of the head lies in place of the torso, or the other way around. You might try to edit UVs of the male character before replacing the geometry, so that they are similar to the original female model.

Edited by ajz3d

• Contributor

Okay, so what you could try is to:

1) Check the "Import tiles as UV sets".

2) If the above doesn't help, you might try switching places of Face and Torso UVs along U in an external DCC app. This should enforce the correct order of UV tiles. Import the modified file with 1) checked and unchecked just to be sure.

Me again... tiles as UV didnt work

I dont know if I understood very well what you said but I loaded the model in UVMapper (classic version) and changed the tiles position torso where the face are and vice versa, and the groups are in the same place after import to 3DCoat again...

• 10 months later...
  • Reputable Contributor

The thing to remember when using the Texture Baking tool is, it needs to be of similar shape. That was mentioned in the video earlier in this thread. You cannot just bake all textures onto a model that is quite a bit different in shape. Why? Because it is using an inner and outer baking cage (internally) to bake from one mesh to the other. So, baking textures from a male figure to a female mesh probably will not work right.

• 1 year later...

I have baked albedo color. How can I bake normal ?3dcoat baking to the old UV set, how can I change paint object. I deleted old paint objects from scene, but there is no proper normal after baking to the new one, it is ignored.

Edited by Varlam