3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Changing active retopo object

Mr X

I have made a retopo object for each sculpt object and now I've run into the problem of how to change active retopo object in the retopo room. I thought that you could just click on them in the list but that doesn't work. From all the objects in the list, when I click on them, only the first object I created will be lit up (the mesh) and allowed to be edited. The rest can't be edited at all, even if selected. The UV preview does not change at all and all the UV tools are only applied to the first object even if not selected. If I create a new retopo object I can start working on it, but once I shut down 3dc it becomes unselectable next time I start.

What is wrong here? I've also tried a new beta and although you can edit the objects by clicking the different objects in the retopo list, the UV tools as still locked to the first created object.

That was it. First, I had no idea that was a thing, plus that they are named the same (default) so it never occurred to me to change. Also that the retopo list behaves different in newer versions made me think it could have been a bug.

Thanks a lot.