3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Using Full Alpha Square Area of a Brush

Thomas Cheng

Hi Guys,

I have an alpha that I like to use as a brush for 3D Coat.  The image on the alpha using the full square area from corner to corner.  However, when I use the brush, I am not able to use the full square, because the Brush has a circular area and my corners are cut off.  Is there a way to adjust the brush tip to use a square to encompass the full alpha image?  Thanks.

Thank you.  This does help. My problem is that I have 500 alpha images that uses the full square.  It looks like the only way around this issues is to add a padding to my alpha images.  For all 500 images, this will take some time.  Is there a way I can request Andrew to add an auto padding in the brush settings to compensate for the circle crop?  Or allow a full square option for the brush?  Thanks.

2017-05-12 (2).png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor
14 hours ago, Javis said:

I spoke with Andrew. He says this will be implemented in 4.7.30. :)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

That is awesome... I never speak to Andrew personally as I figure he has enough people speaking into his ear. Now it is good thing for a developer to have personal feedback like Javis and AbnRanger but but too many chefs in the kitchen spoil the broth.   That is a choice I make,  so I make my request or problems encountered in the Beta Thread. Not enough time still to put bug stuff at Mantis or feature request at Trello...

Edited by digman

• Advanced Member

That is awesome, always wondered if I was just missing something or the circle for the alpha was just a thing. Good to know 4.7.30 will have a way to adjust the alpha brush shape. I have quite a few square brushes I could use now.

Version 4.7.34 changelog

- square alphas complete support, even older ones will act correctly.

- square alphas distortions fixed. In some cases alphas require reimporting. Square alphas derived from 3D models supported as well.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Using Full Alpha Square Area of a Brush