3DCoat Forums

VERTEX ORDER

mtakerkart

Hi ,

I use 3Dcoat mainly with the Tweak tool to create my morphs or facial blendshapes.

However, since the integration of the PBR, the order of the vertex is no longer preserved whereas it was in the

Previous versions. Is there a way to remedy this?

Thank you for your reply

• Reputable Contributor
6 hours ago, mtakerkart said:

Hi ,

I use 3Dcoat mainly with the Tweak tool to create my morphs or facial blendshapes.

However, since the integration of the PBR, the order of the vertex is no longer preserved whereas it was in the

Previous versions. Is there a way to remedy this?

Thank you for your reply

You might also try a technique like this:

When you export the low poly targets from the Retopo room, if you store each phoneme/viseme as a Retopo mesh layer, just hide the ones you are not actively working on, as you go. Then, if you want to export them all as one obj file, go to RETOPO menu > EXPORT. It will export each mesh in the scene, as one OBJ file.

You can store them in their own OBJ files, separately, by dragging and dropping each layer into the Models Pallet (would be a good idea to create a new project folder to keep them all in). You can find them in the "MyDocs/3D Coat V4.7/Vox Stamps directory. If you store them in the Retopo Models pallet, then there will be a subfolder there with them in it. If it's the MODELS pallet that is normally for the SCULPT workspace, then they would be in the OBJECT subfolder.

Thank you Andrew. It doesn't work any more. I had the same problem with blender BUT i solved the issue in Blender with the IMPORT process.

You must keep the vertex order when importing the obj file. Does the 4.7 of 3Dcoat keeps the order in the import process?

Best regards

Marc Takerkart

May it can helps you but usually when I import mesh with texture it displays correctly of course but sometime  some mesh  display textures correctly in other App but when importng in 3dcoat it displays a dark grey texture that causing the issue morph. Any Idea?

Ok Some one show me a way to fix it. I import as ppp , go to retopo room , Set "use visible paint objects as retopo"

go to tweak room to make my morph

back to retopo and set "use visible paint objects as retopo" again , then export from the retopo menu. it works but the texture doesn't display

correctly. It's ok for me because it's only for morphing.