3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Bake textures between 2 different models

co3Darts

1.  If I build an object in 3D external application that is say a cube, cylinder, sphere and then combined them as 1 mesh and export as geom1.obj.  Then bring geom1.obj into paint per pixel to paint room.  Then create new UV map in 3DC.  Paint a simple color/reflection/normal map on object.  Then Finish step 1 to export this geom1 from 3DC with textures to 3rd party app.

2.  If I then import geom1.obj that was paintined and UV'd from 3DC into app.  Delete the cylinder and replace with a torus for instance and recombine as a new object.  Export this new objects from 3rd party app at geom2.obj.

3.  Bring geom2.obj into paint room, create new UV's.  Now I have original geom1 that is painted, has UV's and now have geom2 with new but different UV's.

4. Q.  What bake type or tools do I use to have ray casting of geom1s color/reflection/normal map baked or partcially baked onto new geom2?

The videos appear to always require a sculpt room object to be the source or it appears that baking videos and tutorials do not show how to simply to a transfer between similar objects that won't need to go through the sculpt room.

Thank you!

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Bake textures between 2 different models