3DCoat Forums

Some questions...

Rainydaylover

Hello all! I have downloaded a demo of 3DCoat and think to buy it too. There are some things that I want to ask however: is the exporting of voxel objects (in obj files, for example) disabled in the 30 days demo version? I am going to 'file' (in 'sculpt' mode) for finding an 'export' option but nothing appears there. I would like to see what the exported mesh's quality would be when opened in another app.

And something other too: in the alpha brushes tab when I click on a brush and go to choose between the 'all, color, alpha, depth, specl' options the popping up tab does not stay open enough so as to give the opportunity to click on one of the choices. That's to say, you can not switch between the choices there. What may be going on? A bug maybe?

Thanks in advance for any information...

Hi !

is the exporting of voxel objects (in obj files, for example) disabled in the 30 days demo version?

Yes, You can request to extend the trial period contacting support@3dcoat.com

... the popping up tab does not stay open enough so as to give the opportunity to click on one of the choices.

Is a reference for edit options, you need to switch on/off channels and change values to use Alpha brushes.

Channel.jpg

Thanks for the answers but I think that my second question has not been understood properly. My question had not to do with the three choices that exist on the upper bar (the three spheres -violet, green and black-) but with the alphas (in right side of your image). When I go, with the cursor, on an alpha brush there and click on it there opens a small four choice pop-up sheet ( having choices for 'all, color, alpha, depth, specl'). It is it that when going to choose one of its preferences (say the 'all' preference for example) closes immediately without giving the chance to choose it. In my case it has stuck on the 'depth' preference... it opens but when I try to click on another preference on it, it closes before my being able to click on it.

It seems that it is a bug. It is irrational to have such a pop-up tab opening without giving the chance to click on one of its preferences. Give a look to it please: left click on the 'corroded' alpha, for example, and then try to click on a preference between the ones on the small pop-up sheet that appears... you will see that you will not be able to do it: the sheet will close without giving you the opportunity to click on any preference on it.