3DCoat Forums

Problem exporting multiple objects

crimzon36

Hello, this is my first post on the forums and im still learning the ins and outs of the software as a student so this might seem like a stupid question. Im attempting to export a project with multiple objects (each were imported in the scene separately). However when I upload the project to Sketchfab or any other similar site,  some of the textures seem to be overlapping .1.thumb.PNG.73e5f1a85861cf480ce430fb31fd38f8.PNG

This is how the model is meant to look.

2.PNG.585c0e9a92cb2698ab7c61941943a6d0.PNG

And this is the result...
3.thumb.PNG.fee3039abfb802daa60bba81133aeeef.PNG

Just in case they help, these are my export settings. Im almost certain ive made a small mistake somewhere to cause this but cant seem to find out what the problem is, I can provide any additional information if needed. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

9 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

What if you change to lowpoly option ?

Export.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply, no luck exporting as lowpoly. The issue seems to be the individual texture maps, as you can see here there are 11 maps in the UV room, but only 1 exports and uploads to sketchfab. I believe this is the cause of the problem but I have no idea how to fix it.

1.thumb.PNG.8fad2d54fc4e14c3e441677d9d323539.PNG2.thumb.PNG.b2cc9590c469d969619ee77e683869fc.PNG

• Reputable Contributor

Sometimes people say when they imported an object or objects they mean baked from the retopo room... Did you import each separate object into the paint room using the "Import Object" under the file menu?

The number of surface materials do not denote for sure the number of UV sets you have, neither does the paint objects. Just wanted to make that clear.  How many paint objects do you have in the UV room as it is not shown in a picture.

Select the drop down arrow as shown in the picture that way you will know for sure how many uv sets are associated with that model.

How were the uv sets created UDMI tiling or regular uv sets.

Do you want one model file with the sub-objects (Paint objects) in it and the textures exported for each of your surface materials which of course means you need a separated uv set for each surface material.

No use of a texture atlas here correct?

I see no name for your exported object in the export tool panel.. You have chosen the 3DC max preset, is that by design?

I see that exporting of a metallic map is not selected, is that by design and you just want a color map exported and a normal map?

Your workflow details are sketchy... not enough information so any answers are pretty well shooting in the dark.

check.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Digman, you got it. I had forgotten to rename the maps in the UV room before exporting and it was exporting the map multiple times with the same name, overwriting itself each time. Thank you both for your help, ill try to be more clear with my workflow and the details next time.

• Like 1

Glad to know you solve it, but this not sound good.

Can you add some pics about the process ? I like to open a ticket support.

We need to add a popup warning about overwriting files because names.

Thx

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Glad to know you solve it, but this not sound good.

Can you add some pics about the process ? I like to open a ticket support.

We need to add a popup warning about overwriting files because names.

Thx

I mentioned an issue like this in the beta thread a few days ago here: 

Edited by Mystical
  • Like 1