3DCoat Forums

Reference images from all views

Falconius

• Advanced Member

Super simple question, I was wondering if it was possible to be able to set a reference image from front and have a different one for the back view (same thing with side to side, or top to bottom)?

If not, I suppose that importing an image as mesh is the best option and just flipping its visibility on and off when I need it?

• Reputable Contributor

Sure you can... shown in picture.

Left of the camera (upper right tool bar) click on the planes icon.  You will see how it works. I did not adjust the positions of the image planes in my picture as this was just to show you that 3 images planes are there.

Once  you place all your images be sure to close the guides (Tool Panel) otherwise you will just paint on the images.

To bring back the guides if needed, under the planes icon choose "Edit image Placement"

Study the tool panel to see how that functions

reference.jpg

Edited by digman
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member

Yes, thank you, my question was regarding this tool.  However what I meant was, say you had a front photograph and you loaded it on the z axis, then that photo shows up for a front view on the z axis, is there a way to have a different rear photograph and load it on to the z axis from the back view?

• 1 year later...

Hi,
I'm sorry for refreshing the old topic but nothing has changed in this case. And I think it would be great to have possibility to set up different reference images for front / back view, as well as for right / left. Is there any chance to get that usability in the future?
I cannot start new topic in "Feature Requests" section - so where can I find place for such small feature ideas?

Thanks