3DCoat Forums

Some painting improvements

geo_n

• Advanced Member

Not sure if these are already in the latest beta. I'll request them anyway since I use 3dc for painting a lot.

liquify in 3d viewport -  please, much needed to do it in 3d viewport like distort. Smudge tool sucks

inverse brush paint selection - example if you use the lasso, I want to invert where the paint is applied. Its always inside.

random paint cubic - using the smart materials to apply  random scale, rotation of a texture like a flower that I want to randomize the tiling in cubic projection on a vase so the flower is not uniform when applied.

morph then paint - is this possible already?

• 6 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Looks like that option lets you do it on mutiple objects at once.
I'm looking for multiple layers at once.  Example
I want to erase blue and purple layer at once.  I don't want to merge these layers before I can erase them together. 

01.JPG

02.JPG

• Reputable Contributor
2 minutes ago, geo_n said:

The back and forth between 3dc and ps is the killing factor.  Takes so long to do it this way instead of doing it in the 3dc viewport without needing to open ps.

I would like to see Liquefy, too, but in the mean time, I don't understand the "killing factor" going between 3D Coat and PS. It's one hotkey (CTRL + P) to get all your layers to PS and one hotkey (CTRL + S) to get the content back in 3D Coat. It's not a showstopper at all. There are some features PS has that 3D Coat doesn't quite have, and I never feel hassled going to PS to use them.

• Advanced Member

Check the video. I'm re adjusting several times in a span of 2 mins for 1 part of the texture to align some fabric seams.  Do it 1000 times on many parts of the jeans and do it 100 times on different clothes a week. Hours spent on that could be just a few minutes if its done directly in the 3dc viewport.