3DCoat Forums

How to delete a UV set?

Hey guys,

I imported an OBJ with 7 UV sets, and I would like to delete one of them. I tried using the "delete unused UV sets" button (by moving the islands of one UV set to another), but it didn't delete the empty UV set. I'm not sure why.

I've attached the file to this post (I want to delete Eye Moisture and/or Cornea). Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Model.3b

Edited by DavideBianchini

• Reputable Contributor

Once you have moved the uv islands as you have done already. Select Apply UV-Set (left tool bar).  After the operation completes then select delete unused UV sets.

The UV sets are there in name only after you moved the uv islands but now 3DC knows no uv islands are associated with those names and deletes them.

This is true for the UV room only... 

If you had baked a retopo mesh to the paint room and wanted to updated your uv sets, then same method would be necessary.

Important Tip. when switching back to the paint room, you will be asked to apply the uv set again. Do not apply again, just close the dialog tool box.

Edited by digman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Yep. Good practice is to do all your UV map set updating in the UV room, and canceling when asked about it in the Paint room. I like that 4.7.32 has the Update UV map set button highlighted now. That helps to see it as a reminder.

• Reputable Contributor

I took your 

16 hours ago, DavideBianchini said:

That's my problem though. I've done that already: I moved the UV's, hit apply, and then hit delete unused UVs....but still the empty UV sets remain. 

I was able to figure out how to do it in Cinema 4D. But I would still like to be able to do it in 3DC. 

I took your model file you when you shared it and had no problems deleting the unused Uv sets according to the workflow I gave...

gone.jpg

Edited by digman
  • Like 1